2023/24 UEFA club season (Champions League, Europa League, Europa Conference League): List of qualified teams

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Osasuna won their appeal in CAS and will play in Conference League!
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

Firnen wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:41 Osasuna won their appeal in CAS and will play in Conference League!
:up:
amenina

Post by amenina »

Osasuna statement: https://www.osasuna.es/en/news/club-atl ... nce-league

Club Atlético Osasuna will play the 2023/24 Conference League, after the procedure before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) for the 'Consent Award' formula has ended today. In view of the new evidence provided by the club in defense of its participation in the competition, UEFA has concluded that Osasuna was a victim of the events that occurred almost a decade ago and has valued the initiative carried out by the institution to clarify them. Consequently, UEFA considers Osasuna suitable to participate in this edition of the European competition.

Osasuna will be present on August 7 at the Conference League playoff draw that will take place on August 24 and 31. UEFA's decision and the ratification of the TAS put an end, both in the ordinary courts and in sports justice, to the fight that the entity has maintained during the last two months in defense of its rights and those of its members.

Proceedings opening for going to ordinary justice

On the other hand, UEFA has opened a disciplinary procedure against Osasuna for going to ordinary justice in this process, which will not prevent the club's participation in the Conference League. The club will accept the penalty imposed by UEFA, before which it will not file an appeal, and has expressed its commitment to the highest body of European football not to raise issues of the sporting field to ordinary courts.

----

UEFA statement: https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediase ... a-osasuna/

On 4 July 2023, within the admission process to the 2023/24 UEFA club competitions, CA Osasuna was declared ineligible to participate in the 2023/24 UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) in application of Article 4.02 of the UEFA Europa Conference League Regulations (UECLR).

Following the opening of Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) proceedings, evidence was submitted by CA Osasuna which it was not in a position to file at an earlier stage. UEFA reviewed this material and concluded that CA Osasuna has not been involved in match-fixing activities in the meaning of Article 4.02 UECLR. Accordingly, the Club shall be considered eligible to participate in the 2023/24 UECL for which it sportingly qualified. The procedure before CAS has been terminated by a Consent Award.

Finally, following a separate investigation conducted by a UEFA Ethics and Disciplinary Inspector, separate disciplinary proceedings have been opened by UEFA against CA Osasuna in view of the filing of a claim made by the club CA Osasuna before the ordinary state courts in Pamplona. A decision on the matter will be rendered and announced in due course.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

amenina wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 18:15 Osasuna statement: https://www.osasuna.es/en/news/club-atl ... nce-league

Club Atlético Osasuna will play the 2023/24 Conference League, after the procedure before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) for the 'Consent Award' formula has ended today. In view of the new evidence provided by the club in defense of its participation in the competition, UEFA has concluded that Osasuna was a victim of the events that occurred almost a decade ago and has valued the initiative carried out by the institution to clarify them. Consequently, UEFA considers Osasuna suitable to participate in this edition of the European competition.

Osasuna will be present on August 7 at the Conference League playoff draw that will take place on August 24 and 31. UEFA's decision and the ratification of the TAS put an end, both in the ordinary courts and in sports justice, to the fight that the entity has maintained during the last two months in defense of its rights and those of its members.

Proceedings opening for going to ordinary justice

On the other hand, UEFA has opened a disciplinary procedure against Osasuna for going to ordinary justice in this process, which will not prevent the club's participation in the Conference League. The club will accept the penalty imposed by UEFA, before which it will not file an appeal, and has expressed its commitment to the highest body of European football not to raise issues of the sporting field to ordinary courts.

----

UEFA statement: https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediase ... a-osasuna/

On 4 July 2023, within the admission process to the 2023/24 UEFA club competitions, CA Osasuna was declared ineligible to participate in the 2023/24 UEFA Europa Conference League (UECL) in application of Article 4.02 of the UEFA Europa Conference League Regulations (UECLR).

Following the opening of Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) proceedings, evidence was submitted by CA Osasuna which it was not in a position to file at an earlier stage. UEFA reviewed this material and concluded that CA Osasuna has not been involved in match-fixing activities in the meaning of Article 4.02 UECLR. Accordingly, the Club shall be considered eligible to participate in the 2023/24 UECL for which it sportingly qualified. The procedure before CAS has been terminated by a Consent Award.

Finally, following a separate investigation conducted by a UEFA Ethics and Disciplinary Inspector, separate disciplinary proceedings have been opened by UEFA against CA Osasuna in view of the filing of a claim made by the club CA Osasuna before the ordinary state courts in Pamplona. A decision on the matter will be rendered and announced in due course.
Unlucky Atletic Club but was the correct decision IMO
amenina

Post by amenina »

Barcelona provisionally cleared to play in Champions League amid Uefa payments probe

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66330753

Barcelona have been provisionally cleared to play in the 2023-24 Champions League amid a Uefa investigation into allegations the club made payments to a referees' chief.

In March, European football's governing body confirmed it was looking into claims of payments made by Barcelona for favourable refereeing decisions.

Barcelona have denied any wrongdoing.

While Barcelona have been allowed in Europe, Uefa reserved the right to punish the club in the future.

The Uefa investigation came after a criminal investigation was brought by the Barcelona public prosecutor's office on 10 March.

It was alleged that Barcelona paid 8.4m euros (£7.4m) to Jose Maria Enriquez Negreira, the former vice-president of Spain's referees' committee and his Dasnil 95 company.

Barca, former club officials and Negreira were indicted for "corruption", "breach of trust" and "false business records".

Uefa said: "The investigators in charge of the case are invited to continue and finalise their investigation and to send a further report to the appeals body if and when they consider that the admission/exclusion of FC Barcelona [in the Champions League] should be assessed."

Why are Barcelona being investigated?
The payments, revealed in February by radio station Ser Catalunya, came to light following an investigation by tax authorities into Negreira's company Dasnil 95.

Barcelona made payments to the company totalling a reported 1.4m euros (£1.2m) between 2016 and 2018, and paid Negreira, 77, about 7m euros (£6.2m) between 2001 and 2018, the year he left his role with the referees' committee.

Barca acknowledged the club had paid Dasnil 95, which it described as "an external technical consultant" to compile video reports related to professional referees "with the aim of complementing the information required by the coaching staff".

It added that contracting the reports was "a habitual practice among professional clubs".

The affair escalated when 18 of the 20 La Liga clubs issued a statement to express "deep concern" over the situation, and Barcelona president Joan Laporta said the club would launch an internal investigation into the payments.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Juventus given an 1-year ban from European competitions.

Fiorentina replaces them, Aston Villa is seeded in the Play-Offs.

Fiorentina 1st unseeded, waiting for Basel to be eliminated.
matt

Post by matt »

Firnen wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 19:30 Juventus given an 1-year ban from European competitions.

Everyone is happy but me (i wanted Torino or Bologna instead of Fiorentina).
Aston Villa now will be considered by the bookies favorite n.1 to win the trophy, they are building a strong squad.
International break hater
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

matt wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 19:44
Firnen wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 19:30 Juventus given an 1-year ban from European competitions.

Aston Villa now will be considered by the bookies favorite n.1 to win the trophy, they are building a strong squad.
Hey, che stronzo😅😅
matt

Post by matt »

dnina10 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 19:56

Hey, che stronzo😅😅
:dontknow:

I see that you support both Fiorentina and Anderlecht. It's because of the colours?
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

Now all the Villa fans on twitter can finally stop bombarding the coefficient fan accounts on twitter by repeating the same dumb questions :grin1:
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

matt wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 20:01

Hey, che stronzo😅😅

I see that you support both Fiorentina and Anderlecht. It's because of the colours?
I suppose, yeah. Grew up with the Serie A, didn't get into the Jupiler Pro League until my high school years. There was always something about the purple and white that hooked me. Back when I started watching both leagues, Fiorentina and Anderlecht were top clubs, with attractive football that caught my eye. Had my attention from then
matt

Post by matt »

dnina10 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 13:58
matt wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 20:01

Hey, che stronzo😅😅

I suppose, yeah. Grew up with the Serie A, didn't get into the Jupiler Pro League until my high school years. There was always something about the purple and white that hooked me. Back when I started watching both leagues, Fiorentina and Anderlecht were top clubs, with attractive football that caught my eye. Had my attention from then
I have a very nice (purple and white) Ujpest scarf, bought in a small shop of Budapest a few years ago.
amenina

Post by amenina »

So all three losing finalists from Italy of last season can attempt to go one step further in the same competition and win it this season.

And BTW, FC Prishtina never gave any updates on their appeal to CAS regarding the UEFA license as promised by the club. Even some of their fans complained about it in the comment section on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FCPrishtina/po ... %2CO%2CP-R

Of course it is irrelevant at this point as ECL-Q2, which they would have entered with a license, had already started.
angel_87

Post by angel_87 »

Hey, che stronzo😅😅
LOL :tongue:
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

It's about the next season, but Vikingur Reykjavik will finish top 3 in Iceland. I'm not sure if there are some playoffs like in Finland though now that Iceland has 4 slots.