2023 Concacaf Gold Cup

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
Kamtedrejt

Post by Kamtedrejt »

Yeah! Another prediction I got spot on. I called a Panama - Mexico final after the group stage was in the books (it's again on my Twitter if you need a proof)
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

Concacaf didn't get their wish for USA v Mexico Final. It's a reaper of the NL 3rd place match. My money on Panama!
Kamtedrejt

Post by Kamtedrejt »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:14 Concacaf didn't get their wish for USA v Mexico Final. It's a reaper of the NL 3rd place match. My money on Panama!
Mine is on Mexico. For two reasons. They have been playing with more freedom at this tournament and were the dominant side in all of their games.
I feel Panama went physically to their absolute limit against the USA. They looked already pretty flat for the most part of the second half. Substitutions gave them new life in extratime. They have only four days to recover for the final.
Jackson Harrison

Kamtedrejt wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:20
Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:14 Concacaf didn't get their wish for USA v Mexico Final. It's a reaper of the NL 3rd place match. My money on Panama!
Mine is on Mexico. For two reasons. They have been playing with more freedom at this tournament and were the dominant side in all of their games.
I feel Panama went physically to their absolute limit against the USA. They looked already pretty flat for the most part of the second half. Substitutions gave them new life in extratime. They have only four days to recover for the final.
Beating USA is no mean feat!
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

It's a repeat of the Toulon Tournament final. Can Panama win both trophies? They might, but I think it's likely going to be Mexico. I saw the way they attacked Jamaica, USA going out must have been a huge boost for them. The road is clear for them and they can bring some respect back to the name of Mexico after losing their last three tournaments and going out in the group stage of the World Cup.
Jackson Harrison

Lorric wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 13:05 It's a repeat of the Toulon Tournament final. Can Panama win both trophies? They might, but I think it's likely going to be Mexico. I saw the way they attacked Jamaica, USA going out must have been a huge boost for them. The road is clear for them and they can bring some respect back to the name of Mexico after losing their last three tournaments and going out in the group stage of the World Cup.
Panama didn't even make last WC.

The final is on at a rediculous time for us Brits!
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Seen the Jamaica highlights now and what it meant for Mexico 's players. They look like clear favourites to me, they're playing more like I'm used to seeing Mexico play instead of grinding out dull wins and they're enjoying their football under their new coach who is apparently only an interim coach. Wonder if he can get the job permanently?

Jamaica had done as well as anybody in this tournament and Mexico swept them aside.
amenina

Post by amenina »

Martin, Carrasquilla lead way in Semifinals Best XI

https://www.concacaf.com/gold-cup/artic ... s-best-xi/

LAS VEGAS, Nevada – There are individual performances that are etched in memory forever, and that is the case of Henry Martin from Mexico and Panamanian Adalberto Carrasquilla, who, for shining in the semifinals, were selected in the Best XI.

Here is a look at the 2023 Gold Cup semifinals Best XI.

GK Orlando Mosquera (PAN) – Mosquera was one of the main heroes for Panama, as he made two saves in the penalty shootout to give his side a 5-4 win against the United States after a 1-1 draw. He ended the night with three saves.

DF Jesus Gallardo (MEX) – Gallardo was a menace on the left flank going forward for Mexico against Jamaica and collected assists on the first and third Mexico goals in the 3-0 win. His steady defensive work kept Jamaica’s dangerous wingers in check.

DF Johan Vasquez (MEX) – The Mexico spine was flawless against the Reggae Boyz and Vasquez was a big part of that. He completed 88 percent of his passes and had a steal, too.

DF Fidel Escobar (PAN) – Escobar was a rock in the back for Panama, completing 55 of 58 passes and making a steal, while keeping the U.S. attack under wraps.

DF Ivan Anderson (PAN) – Anderson took his goal very well by receiving a pass from Adalberto Carrasquilla and keeping his composure to chip past U.S. GK Matt Turner and fire into net.

MF Luis Chavez (MEX) – Chavez’s free kick for Mexico’s second goal was a work of art, as he curled it around the Jamaica wall and into the top left corner of net.

MF Adalberto Carrasquilla (PAN) – Carrasquilla had the assist on Ivan Anderson’s goal for Panama and then calmly converted the winning penalty for the Canaleros. That was on top of a masterful performance in midfield with 78 passes completed and three steals.

MF Luis Romo (MEX) – Romo was his usual workhorse self in midfield, completing 42 of 46 passes and never allowing Jamaica to break quickly on the counterattack.

MF Edgar Barcenas (PAN) – Panama are always in good hands when Barcenas is on the field and it showed again against the U.S. with three steals and 85 percent of passes completed.

FW Jesus Ferreira (USA) – Ferreira produced a moment of magic for the U.S. in extra time by volleying home a shot off a header from Jordan Morris to supply the lone U.S. goal of the day.

FW Henry Martin (MEX) – Martin got Mexico going in the best way possible with a goal just 80 seconds into the match versus Jamaica. It set the tone for El Tricolor the rest of the way.

amenina

Post by amenina »

Final today

Jackson Harrison

amenina wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 20:46 Final today

I don't like how late they are! I'll be in bed will watch highlights in morning!
amenina

Post by amenina »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 22:43

I don't like how late they are! I'll be in bed will watch highlights in morning!
You need to get used to the late matches to watch the 2024 Copa America and of course the 2026 World Cup!
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

amenina wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 00:08
Jackson Harrison wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 22:43

You need to get used to the late matches to watch the 2024 Copa America and of course the 2026 World Cup!
Matches in California, Seattle and Vancouver will be a bitch to follow for most regions of the world.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Mexico score at '88 on a one on one!
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Mexico won 1-0. Was a pretty good game.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

A Panama player got the Player of the Tournament award.