Battle for important ranking positions 2023-24

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Stadion wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 08:45
wannabeontop wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 09:14 Hacken-FTC should be interesting for the 22nd place.
Isn't the tournament these two respective teams end up playing in a bigger decider, rather than the head-to-head result in CLQ2? If Hacken ends up in ECL and Ferencvaros in EL, it's very possible that Hacken will walk away with more points to the country coefficient, even if Ferencvaros win the CLQ2 tie?
Perhaps, but not necesarrily.

E.g. Ferencvaros in the EL collected more points than Djurgarden in the ECL last season. They both won their Groups, but EL gives a higher bonus.

EL is "high risk high reward". More difficult matches, but the reward points-wise is higher if you cause the upset and win your Group.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Firnen wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 00:25 And the second 0.333 of the season goes expectedly to Iceland, bringing them one win behind Georgia and Luxembourg.
Iceland expectedly overtakes Georgia and Luxembourg.

Why aren't we seen the arrows signifying "move up" and "move down" in Bert's Country Ranking page this year?
Ogiman

Post by Ogiman »

Why does UEFA lists different rulings for the same thing?

At https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociatio ... try/about/ they have:

"4 – Round of 16 bonus participation (UCL)"

But at https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociatio ... lub/about/ for "Association coefficient calculation" they have:

"4 – Group stage bonus participation (UCL, UEL)

Just a mistake, or some changes are possible?
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

That is a mistake. This will guide you: https://twitter.com/kassiesa/status/146 ... 48768?s=20
Ogiman

Post by Ogiman »

Fotcalc wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 16:23 That is a mistake. This will guide you: https://twitter.com/kassiesa/status/146 ... 48768?s=20
So this mistake has been there for two years? Wow.

Thanks a lot for providing these details. :applause:
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

No problem. I searched for this: "4 – Group stage bonus participation (UCL, UEL)" on Twitter. All three results implied that it is wrong.
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Will be funny if the Netherlands hang onto 5th this year and steal the 3rd CL spot from France after UEFA fixed it for them to get an extra place.
As_Contas_do_Título

Post by As_Contas_do_Título »

Lubomir25 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 23:14 Will be funny if the Netherlands hang onto 5th this year and steal the 3rd CL spot from France after UEFA fixed it for them to get an extra place.
Only a cathastrophe would make them not pass France, considering the Netherlands scored above them in all of the last three seasons. However, I'm almost sure the Dutch won't be there for more than 2 seasons (maximum 3), as with the points divided by 7 and all four major clubs playing on the Champions League (or at least three of them), and with no teams being relegated to the Europa League, they'll most probably score terribly in those seasons.
Clockingbell

Post by Clockingbell »

As_Contas_do_Título wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 09:44
Lubomir25 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 23:14 Will be funny if the Netherlands hang onto 5th this year and steal the 3rd CL spot from France after UEFA fixed it for them to get an extra place.
Only a cathastrophe would make them not pass France, considering the Netherlands scored above them in all of the last three seasons. However, I'm almost sure the Dutch won't be there for more than 2 seasons (maximum 3), as with the points divided by 7 and all four major clubs playing on the Champions League (or at least three of them), and with no teams being relegated to the Europa League, they'll most probably score terribly in those seasons.
I wouldn't say only a catastrophe, differences are small and any Dutch error or surprising achievement of, say, Lens or Toulouse can make the difference for France. For the Netherlands, Twente reaching GS is quite important for 5th.
As_Contas_do_Título

Post by As_Contas_do_Título »

Clockingbell wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 13:39
As_Contas_do_Título wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 09:44
I wouldn't say only a catastrophe, differences are small and any Dutch error or surprising achievement of, say, Lens or Toulouse can make the difference for France. For the Netherlands, Twente reaching GS is quite important for 5th.
I agree the word cathastrophe may be a little excessive. But Twente didn't qualify for the GS last year and the Netherlands ended up making more points than France. And for the beginning of the next season (2024/25), France will lose more than 2 points compared to the Dutch (as the 2019/20 season is the only in which the French have the edge and will be lost for the next season's ranking), so either this season or the next one, is highly improbable the Dutch fail to reach the 5th place (altough on the next season their ranking will be divided by six). But, as their rise was fast, their fall will probably be fast too, for the reasons I said earlier, and by 2027, they'll most probably be behind the French and Portuguese, but possibly behind the Belgian too.
Bobyshka

Post by Bobyshka »

What do you think,guys? Can Serbia keep the 12ve. position in UEFA ranking? We have champion in GS.The runner up is in LE GS (atleast).N3-Cukaricki is GS ECL (atleast).N4-Partizan play a Q3 ECL.I hope they can get through to GS.N4-Vojvodina can not get to GS.(hope I''m wrong about them)That means we gonna have 4 clubs in GS.I think that is enough number of clubs to keep the 12ve.position.
mieszambeton

Post by mieszambeton »

According to club ELO prediction Partizan have 33% and Vojvodina have 3% to reach ECL GS.
I dont think Serbia can keep it. Serbia aim should be to stay in top 15 for one more season.
amirbachar

Post by amirbachar »

mieszambeton wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 15:32 According to club ELO prediction Partizan have 33% and Vojvodina have 3% to reach ECL GS.
I dont think Serbia can keep it. Serbia aim should be to stay in top 15 for one more season.
Where are the full simulations?
amirbachar

Post by amirbachar »