UEFA Women's Euro Switzerland 2025

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 14:09
Michele wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 13:54
Jackson Harrison wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:14

Because they invested in the bid last time around and a 4 nation bid has happened before.
So it's unfair to attempt to improve your chances to succeed after a failed bid? Unless they made an agreement to apply once more as the same group in case of failure, I don't see how this is unfair.
Because they put in the same hard work to the bid and should get the chance to host again!
So by your logic, they should keep spending time, money, and effort on a bid that is unlikely to win, rather than split the “partnership” apart and have a reasonable chance at winning.

One need to learn from failures and adjust accordingly, if not, you’ll just fail again and again. In this case the lesson was that 4 countries bid for a Woman Euro is not attractive to the decision makers.

Note, I’m making no statement if the decision makers are right or wrong.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

Sagy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 14:38
Michele wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 13:54

So it's unfair to attempt to improve your chances to succeed after a failed bid? Unless they made an agreement to apply once more as the same group in case of failure, I don't see how this is unfair.
Because they put in the same hard work to the bid and should get the chance to host again!
So by your logic, they should keep spending time, money, and effort on a bid that is unlikely to win, rather than split the “partnership” apart and have a reasonable chance at winning.

One need to learn from failures and adjust accordingly, if not, you’ll just fail again and again. In this case the lesson was that 4 countries bid for a Woman Euro is not attractive to the decision makers.

They just chose Switzerland over Nordics. They prefers that to Poland and France!

The other 2 should bid as well!
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 15:08

They just chose Switzerland over Nordics. They prefers that to Poland and France!

What about “a four-country bid is quite unlikely to win as the tournament is too spread out.” Is hard to understand?

Their options are:
1) submit “a four-country bid is quite unlikely to win”
2) go with a two-country bid

I guess they could have tried a three-country bid, but it’s likely to have the same issues as a four-country bid.
Jackson Harrison

Sagy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 15:16

What about “a four-country bid is quite unlikely to win as the tournament is too spread out.” Is hard to understand?

Their options are:

I guess they could have tried a three-country bid, but it’s likely to have the same issues as a four-country bid.
I don't think that's why it failed. It failed because the ExCo preferred Switzerland. If Switzerland hadn't bid Nordics would have almost certainly won!
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 17:15

Their options are:

I don't think that's why it failed. It failed because the ExCo preferred Switzerland. If Switzerland hadn't bid Nordics would have almost certainly won!
In that case, what is your explanation for two countries being dropped?
Jackson Harrison

Sagy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 04:16

Their options are:

Logistical reasons, those 2 countries not wanting to spend more money on another bid.

Maybe Norway and Finland could bid together and have 2 joint bids?
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:11

Logistical reasons, those 2 countries not wanting to spend more money on another bid.

Let’s just assume that you are are right, why does Nor & Fin not wanting to spend more money “unfair”.
Jackson Harrison wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 20:21
Oh that's abiT unfair leaving 🇫🇮 🇳🇴 out!
Under your theory, they didn’t want in, no one left them out.

Back to reality.

Why do you think that bidding on there own will cost less money? (if their reason for fulling out was not wanting to spend money).

Given that money is not “Logistical reasons” how is this different than “a four-country bid is quite unlikely to win as the tournament is too spread out.”? (An actual logistical reason).
Jackson Harrison

Sagy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 15:02

Let’s just assume that you are are right, why does Nor & Fin not wanting to spend more money “unfair”.

Back to reality.

Why do you think that bidding on there own will cost less money? (if their reason for fulling out was not wanting to spend money).

Given that money is not “Logistical reasons” how is this different than “a four-country bid is quite unlikely to win as the tournament is too spread out.”? (An actual logistical reason).
I meant wasted money.

So just Denmark and Sweden decided to go behind Norway and Finland's backs? Or did the others say they didn't wank to bid?
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 15:26

Back to reality.

I meant wasted money.

So just Denmark and Sweden decided to go behind Norway and Finland's backs? Or did the others say they didn't wank to bid?
You are the one that claimed that “unfair leaving 🇫🇮 🇳🇴 out!” with no factual basis when there are many other more logical possibilities (you yourself are bringing up some of them).
Jackson Harrison

Sagy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 15:54

Back to reality.

I meant wasted money.

You are the one that claimed that “unfair leaving 🇫🇮 🇳🇴 out!” with no factual basis when there are many other more logical possibilities (you yourself are bringing up some of them).
The tournament being spread out wouldn't really be an issue as each group would be played in one country and only runners-up would travel for quarter finals.
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 16:03
Sagy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 15:54

I meant wasted money.

The tournament being spread out wouldn't really be an issue as each group would be played in one country and only runners-up would travel for quarter finals.
What does this have to do with your “unfair leaving 🇫🇮 🇳🇴 out!” claim?