UEFA Nations League 2024-25

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
amenina

Post by amenina »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 19:08
amenina wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 18:55
Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:36
That's old news!

So Scotland for example have to bid as they have 2 large enough even if they don't want to host?
Of course an association do not have to bid even if they satisfy the requirements. It is up to them whether they are interested to host.

From what I read, I think the UEFA process is:

- After the quarter-final draw, if there is at least one quarter-final tie where both teams are capable of hosting, UEFA will award the hosting rights to one of these pairs, so whoever wins the tie will host.

- If there is no quarter-final tie that satisfy the above requirements, then UEFA will designate an association to host, no matter whether they eventually qualify for the finals themselves; so if they do not qualify, they will act as neutral hosts.
Should be a neutral host IMO.

It says must in bold!
Oh really? I am not sure if it means all associations MUST submit, or all interested associations MUST submit.

Anyway, in some way I think any association that satisfy the requirements would be foolish not to try to host this finals. It is a good opportunity to win a tournament at your home country.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

amenina wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 19:42
amenina wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 18:55

Of course an association do not have to bid even if they satisfy the requirements. It is up to them whether they are interested to host.

From what I read, I think the UEFA process is:

- After the quarter-final draw, if there is at least one quarter-final tie where both teams are capable of hosting, UEFA will award the hosting rights to one of these pairs, so whoever wins the tie will host.

- If there is no quarter-final tie that satisfy the above requirements, then UEFA will designate an association to host, no matter whether they eventually qualify for the finals themselves; so if they do not qualify, they will act as neutral hosts.

It says must in bold!
Oh really? I am not sure if it means all associations MUST submit, or all interested associations MUST submit.

Anyway, in some way I think any association that satisfy the requirements would be foolish not to try to host this finals. It is a good opportunity to win a tournament at your home country.
All national associations (NAs) participating in League A that can meet the stadium requirements must submit a proposal to host the Finals of the UEFA Nations League 2024/25.
So England for example could still bid to host!
amenina

Post by amenina »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 19:48

It says must in bold!

All national associations (NAs) participating in League A that can meet the stadium requirements must submit a proposal to host the Finals of the UEFA Nations League 2024/25.
I think it's just for League A teams. And even if it is not, why would England be interested to host a competition they have no chance of playing in?
Jackson Harrison

amenina wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 20:49
Jackson Harrison wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 19:48

I think it's just for League A teams. And even if it is not, why would England be interested to host a competition they have no chance of playing in?
It says all MAs!
MartinW

Post by MartinW »

The 2024/25 Nations League group draw will take place in Paris tomorrow, Thu 8 Feb at 18:00 CET.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

MartinW wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 03:40 The 2024/25 Nations League group draw will take place in Paris tomorrow, Thu 8 Feb at 18:00 CET.
That's so weird. I thought the whole reason we still hadn't done it yet is because we were waiting for the relegation playoffs. We could have done it so long ago!
Jackson Harrison

Lorric wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:31
MartinW wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 03:40 The 2024/25 Nations League group draw will take place in Paris tomorrow, Thu 8 Feb at 18:00 CET.
That's so weird. I thought the whole reason we still hadn't done it yet is because we were waiting for the relegation playoffs. We could have done it so long ago!
It's been scheduled for this date for a while now!
Lyonnais

Post by Lyonnais »

ITA-BEL-FRA-ISR

tough group for sure but an excellent preparation for the WC 2026
Don't forget to post your predictions for the new season
viewtopic.php?p=563580#p563580
Hoopy

Post by Hoopy »

Good group for everyone in group A1, I don't think anyone will be unhappy with hat draw at all
bossake

Post by bossake »

Again Romania Kosovo in same group. :fingal:
Jackson Harrison

Lyonnais wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 18:55 ITA-BEL-FRA-ISR

tough group for sure but an excellent preparation for the WC 2026
I expect you to win that group!
seso

Post by seso »

Lague B:

ENG-FIN-ROI-GRE, WAL-ICLD-MNE-TUR

Interesting groups!
Jackson Harrison

My provisional Predictions

Play-out: Lithuania beats Gibraltar

League A:

Group A1: Portugal, Croatia, Poland, Scotland.
Group A2: France, Belgium, Italy, Israel.
Group A3: Hungary, Netherlands, Germany, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Group A4: Spain, Denmark, Switzerland, Serbia.

League B:

Group B1: Ukraine, Czechia, Albania, Georgia.
Group B2: England, Greece, Finland, Republic of Ireland.
Group B3: Norway, Austria, Kazakhstan, Slovenia.
Group B4: Türkiye, Wales, Iceland, Montenegro.

League C:

Group C1: Sweden, Slovakia, Azerbaijan, Estonia.
Group C2: Romania, Kosovo, Cyprus, Lithuania.
Group C3: Luxembourg, Northern Ireland, Bulgaria, Belarus.
Group C4: Armenia, Faroe Islands, North Macedonia, Latvia.

League D:
Group D1: Gibraltar, San Marino, Liechtenstein.
Group D2: Moldova, Malta, Andorra.
Korgutt

Post by Korgutt »

Fixtures. Will this be released tomorrow? Or next week?
Jackson Harrison

Korgutt wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 22:20 Fixtures. Will this be released tomorrow? Or next week?
Tomorrow. They're centralised!