2024/25 access list

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Tazmania wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 23:35 Yes, it does, and it is the correct meaning of the regulations.

UEFA's media release says:

Slots three and four: These places will go to the associations with the best collective performance by their clubs in the previous season (i.e. the association club coefficient of the previous season, which is based on the total number of club coefficient points obtained by each club from an association divided by the number of participating clubs from that association). Those two associations will each earn one automatic place in the league phase ('European Performance Spot') for the club ranked next-best in their domestic league behind those clubs that have already qualified directly for the league phase.

CL-TH and EL-TH qualify directly for the league phase.
Ahhh, that's from the website. I know what you're referring to. Yeah I was talking about the regulations, which is clearly wrong then. That explains the confusion (again, UEFA's fault🙄)
eye

Post by eye »

Tazmania wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 23:35 Yes, it does, and it is the correct meaning of the regulations.

Slots three and four: These places will go to the associations with the best collective performance by their clubs in the previous season (i.e. the association club coefficient of the previous season, which is based on the total number of club coefficient points obtained by each club from an association divided by the number of participating clubs from that association). Those two associations will each earn one automatic place in the league phase ('European Performance Spot') for the club ranked next-best in their domestic league behind those clubs that have already qualified directly for the league phase.

Obviously they mean qualified directly only via league here. If CL-TH and EL-TH were included then last year if we had EPS and Spain had won one the 13th placed Celta should have qualified at CL because it was the next best ranked club behind those clubs that have already qualified directly for the league phase cause Sevilla was qualified as EL-TH and was 12th.
Sagy

Post by Sagy »

eye wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 01:08

Obviously they mean qualified directly only via league here. If CL-TH and EL-TH were included then last year if we had EPS and Spain had won one the 13th placed Celta should have qualified at CL because it was the next best ranked club behind those clubs that have already qualified directly for the league phase cause Sevilla was qualified as EL-TH and was 12th.
The way I read it, “… next-best in their domestic league …” refers to the top ranked club in the league standing that didn’t qualify to UCL league stage.
Tazmania

Post by Tazmania »

eye wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 01:08

They don't mean that though because that would involve leapfrogging clubs above them and we know that UEFA doesn't want that hence the EPSs replacing the originally suggested individual club 5-year co-efficient performance places.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

Yes, thats right. UEFA changed their regulation. Look at the last sentence on the images. The first one is the old version. @bert.kassies @dnina10.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

So promotion to UEL Q3 is probably not possible then. We agree, right?
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

Fotcalc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:55 So promotion to UEL Q3 is probably not possible then. We agree, right?
Yeah, that's what I said before.
UEFA European Cup Football for all UEFA coefficients and rankings
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

Thank you.
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

Furthermore they changed EL regulations 3.09c and 3.10b a bit, so that the text of these articles is now the same. Both explicitly with priority for the cup winners of the Conference League (which is exclusively used here for Conference League titleholder rebalancing, and not in article 3.11 for other types of rebalancing).
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

And CWs like Molde promoted to UEL Q2 aren’t considered for promotion to UEL Q3 in UCL/UEL TH rebalancing? Even if there is vacancy in UEL Q3 due to rebalancing in UCL league path, @bert.kassies? I have asked a similar question before, but this is about CW that has already been promoted to Q2 due to RUS ban or other reasons.
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

Fotcalc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 16:10 And CWs like Molde promoted to UEL Q2 aren’t considered for promotion to UEL Q3 in UCL/UEL TH rebalancing? Even if there is vacancy in UEL Q3 due to rebalancing in UCL league path, @bert.kassies? I have asked a similar question before, but this is about CW that has already been promoted to Q2 due to RUS ban or other reasons.
No club is considered for promotion to EL-Q3 in CL/EL title holder rebalancing. A vacancy in EL-Q3 will be solved by increasing the number of clubs in EL-Q2 by promoting clubs from EL-Q1.

Rebalancing will be applied in a fixed order, of which we may not be sure yet (bans before title holder rebalancing? I think so, but I'm not sure). A club that has been promoted in one rebalancing cycle has the same rights for rebalancing in the next cycle as the other clubs in that round.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

bert.kassies wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 17:08 No club is considered for promotion to EL-Q3 in CL/EL title holder rebalancing. A vacancy in EL-Q3 will be solved by increasing the number of clubs in EL-Q2 by promoting clubs from EL-Q1.

Rebalancing will be applied in a fixed order, of which we may not be sure yet (bans before title holder rebalancing? I think so, but I'm not sure). A club that has been promoted in one rebalancing cycle has the same rights for rebalancing in the next cycle as the other clubs in that round.
But if bans are done first, and we assume that Molde is promoted to Q2. You say that any club promoted to the next round get’s the same rebalancing rights as the other clubs of that round. Does that mean that Molde can’t be promoted from Q2 to Q3, as the other clubs in that round aren’t CWs, so Molde can’t be promoted further?
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

I think so, but I'm not 100% sure. The regulations say no clubs from EL-Q2 are promoted, priority is given to cup winners, so clubs from EL-Q1 are promoted. That does not seem to address this situation.

For me there is another uncertainty in EL rebalancing. Are CL and EL title holder rebalancing knock-on effects in EL applied before CO title holder rebalancing? I think so, but again I'm not 100% sure.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

Thank you for answering my many questions, Bert. Much appreciated.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

That's bad news for Dinamo Zagreb as well. So no chance of jumping from EL-Q1 to EL-Q3. It's either jumping from EL-Q1 to EL league phase or jumping to EL-Q2, nothing in the middle.