Bulgarian Football Season 2023-2024

Domestic league and cup football
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets will face the champions of Slovenia - Olumpija Ljubljana in the second preliminary round of the Champions League.

I have a blue house with a blue window.
Blue is the colour of all that I wear.
Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.
I have a girlfriend and she is so blue.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Levski Sofia will face Shkupi (MKD) in UEFA Europa Conference League / Qualification Round 2

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets realizes another transfer. The 12-time champions have signed Swiss attacker Kwadwo Duah from Germany's Nürnberg. On Monday, the two clubs successfully finalized negotiations on the deal, with Duah arriving in Bulgaria. The London-born forward successfully passed medical examinations and fitness tests, after which he arrived in Razgrad. Kwadwo Duah will be presented to the fans before the start of today's second game of the first preliminary round of the Champions League against FC Ballkani. Starting Thursday he will be included in the team trainings.

"I am very happy to be in Ludogorets", was the first comment of the Swiss. "My transfer to this club is a big step forward in my career. I hope to justify the trust of the coach and the people who attracted me. I know a lot about Ludogorets. I followed the team's participation in the Champions League," added Duah.

Born on February 24th, 1997, the football player has a serious calling card. In the last season he played 33 games for Nürnberg scoring 11 goals. Before moving to the German team, Duah spent two seasons with the Swiss St. Gallen team for which he played 65 games and scored 24 goals. He also played for Ville, Servette, Winterthur, Xamax and Young Boys, where he was a teenager. There are also matches for three formations of the Swiss national team.

Kwadwo Duah is the third new player in Ludogorets since the beginning of the season after the transfers of the German Marcel Heister and the Spanish Son. He is also the third player in the Eagles' recent history to be brought in from the Bundesliga following the successful transfers of Cauley Oliveira and Bernard Tekpetey, who came from Paderborn and Schalke 04 respectively.

INTRODCTION
This is Kwadwo Duah
Born on February 24, 1997 in London, England
Height: 185 cm
Young Boy's Teen

CAREER
2016-19 Young Boys 6/1
2017 Xamax (for rent) 11/1
2017-18 Winterthur (loan) 5/25
2018-19 Servette (loan) 11/2
2019-20 Villa 12/33
2020-22 St. Gallen 65/24
2022-23 Nurnberg 33/11

For Switzerland under 18 4/0
For Switzerland under 19 4/3
For Switzerland up to 20 years
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets-Olimpija 1:1

Ludogorets and Olimpija Ljubljana drew 1:1 in the first game of the second qualifying round of the Champions League.

The visitors opened through Elshnik in the 13th minute. Despodov could have equalized, but his free-kick hit the crossbar.

Dominik Yankov made it 1:1 at the end of the first half. In the second half, Matias Tissera made a pass, and the crossbar was again an assistant for the guests after Spas Delev's header. Matias Tissera has a shot disallowed for offside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaCzcHIOrhk
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets made the fourth transfer for the new season. After Marcel Heister, Son and Kwadwo Duah the 12-time champions signed with a young forward Rwan Philipe Rodrigues de Souza Cruz. The 22-year-old attacker last played for Vasco da Gama, but is owned by Santos, with whom the management of the Eagles made the deal. Rwan Seko, as the footballer is known in his homeland, comes to Ludogorets on loan with an option to buy.

He will be officially presented to the fans today (Saturday) immediately before the start of the efbet League Round II match against Etar at the Huvepharma Arena.

"It is a challenge for every Brazilian to play in Europe. I believe that I will impose myself in Ludogorets", commented Rwan Seko.

INTRODUCTION
This is Rwan Seko
Born on May 20, 2001 in Jabotao dos Guararapes, Brazil
Height: 187 cm
Juvenile of Nautico, Recife, Figueirense, Santos

CAREER
2022 Santos 3/28
2023 Vasco da Gama 1/0
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

CSKA 1948 have lost with 0-1 from FCSB in UEFA Europa Conference League / Qualification Round 2 - first leg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62iQl5BnUkA
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

CSKA have lost with 0-2 from Sepsi in UEFA Europa Conference League / Qualification Round 2 - first leg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcSSNfVNJ2A
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Levski have won with 2-0 against Shkupi in UEFA Europa Conference League / Qualification Round 2 - first leg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQoMQZZBFng
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets signed with Noah Sonko Sundberg

Ludogorets realized another strong incoming transfer. The 12-time champions have signed Gambian-born Swedish centre-back Noah Sonko Sundberg from Levski. The managements of the two clubs successfully concluded negotiations on the deal on Tuesday, while Sonko Sundberg has undergone medical and fitness tests.

Despite the huge interest and numerous inquiries about the financial parameters of the deal PFC Ludogorets cannot announce the transfer amount for the purchase of Sonko Sundberg due to a confidentiality in the contract. However, it goes beyond the money predicted in the media.

"I know Ludogorets and I am aware of the team's capabilities. I hope the season will be strong and the team will perform strongly both in Bulgaria and in the European tournaments, as in recent years," commented Noah Sonko Sundberg.

Before coming to Levski in 2022 the central defender played for Swedish AIK, Sundsvall and Östersunds. There are also matches for the Gambia national team.

Sonko Sundberg is the fifth new player of Ludogorets for this season. Before him, Marcel Heister, Son, Kwadwo Duah and Ruan Cruz were successively brought into the team.

PFC Ludogorets thanks the management of PFC Levski for the professional attitude and behavior during the negotiations and realization of the transfer.

INTRODUCTION
Name: Sonko Sundberg
Born on June 6, 1996 in Stockholm
Height: 187 cm
Junior of Enskede and AIK

CAREER
2013-17 AIC 29/2
2016-17 Sundsvall (loan) 4/51
2018-21 Jostersunds 98/5
2022-23 Levski 53/1
Gambia National team: 7/0

ACHIEVMENTS
Bulgarian Cup: 1 time (2022)
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets lost from Olimpija

Bulgarian champions Ludogorets were eliminated from the Champions League after losing 1:2 to Olimpija Ljubljana. The match was decided at the very end when Elshnik cleverly scored his second goal of the match, erasing the first goal of the match, the work of Kiril Despodov. Thus, the Eagles will continue their participation in the Europa League, where they will probably meet Astana.

The Bulgarians started the match strongly and Ivaylo Petev's players missed two chances as early as the 13th minute, with Kiril Despodov taking an active part in both.

Ludogorets took the lead in the 15th minute. A magical performance from a foul by Kiril Despodov left no chance for Olimpija's goalkeeper Vidvoshek - 1:0 for the Bulgarians.

The hosts responded immediately and in the 18th minute Elshnik benefited from a direct free kick cross - 1:1.

In the 34th minute, the crossbar saved Sergio Padt after a shot by Seslar. Two good saves by the goalkeeper followed after shots by Seslar and Rui Pedro.

Shortly before the end of the first half, Dominik Yankov shot technically, but missed the goal.

In the 58th minute, Kiril Despodov's goal was disallowed due to an offside. Ten minutes after that, the captain of the Eagles would have done well, but missed the goal. Ten minutes before the end of the match, Piotrowski tried his chance, but Vidsovek knocked it out.

In the 82nd minute, Ludogorets was down a man after Son received a straight red card for headbutting Rui Pedro. A minute before the end of regular time, Spas Delev could have sent the Eagles into the next phase, but his shot hit the crossbar.

In the 93rd minute, the well-known Elshnik scored after a learned execution of a free-kick, sealing the success for the hosts.

Ludogorets could have sent the match to overtime, but Kiril Despodov missed a penalty in the 102nd minute, awarded for a foul against Spas Delev.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

CSKA have lost with 0-4 (0-6 agg) from Sepsi in UEFA Europa Conference League / Qualification Round 2 - first leg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NNqUN_hV8E
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

CSKA 1948 have lost with 2-3 (2-4 agg) from FCSB in UEFA Europa Conference League / Qualification Round 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUAGWk2XNX4
Last edited by levski.bg on Tue Aug 08, 2023 08:12, edited 1 time in total.
levski.bg

Post by levski.bg »

Ludogorets will face FC Astana in UEFA Europa League / Third qualifying round