Turkish Football Season 2023/24

Domestic league and cup football
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Molde (NOR) vs Galatasaray (TUR)

Molde was one of the best options (if not the best) for Galatasaray. They were not convincing so far against both Helsinki and Klaskvik, so for me Galatasaray are big favourites.
I don't remember when was the last time a Turkish team qualified to CL group stage through qualifying rounds, and here is a golden chance.
Galatasaray 75-25 Molde
---
FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) vs Beşiktaş JK (TUR)

As a Besiktas fan, I have mostly bad memories with Dynamo. But this time the Ukrainian side is weak (weak compared to the usually strong Dynamo Kiev from the past)
Lucescu knows Turkish league very well and will likely try to deceive us. But I trust our coach Senol Güneş and the team will be ready to face them.
The first game will be played in Romania.
Dynamo Kiev 40-60 Besiktas
---
KRC Genk (BEL) vs Adana Demirspor (TUR)

Genk have already lost to Servette and Olympiakos. Will they really be eliminated 3 times in-a-row? I am not sure.
What Genk must do is to kill the tie in Belgium, with at least an advantage of 2 goals. You don't want to come to Adana if you didn't secure qualification already, it's a difficult away game. It's really hot too in summer time. I know by experience that Belgians are not used to that kind of weather.
Genk 55-45 Adana Demirspor
---
Fenerbahçe SK (TUR) vs FC Twente (NED)
Fenerbahçe will face a good Dutch team. It's a bad draw but Fener is one of our strongest teams which should be capable of fighting against the very best Dutch teams. Losing here would be a huge blow to Turkey. Twente didn't look that good against Hammarby.
Fener must win the first leg at home.
Fenerbahçe 55-45 Twente
Last edited by bjkman1903 on Fri Aug 18, 2023 09:00, edited 1 time in total.
Black Eagles 1903
bugylibicska

Post by bugylibicska »

I'd not be surprised if all 4 Turkish teams advance. They look strong.
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

bugylibicska wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 08:58 I'd not be surprised if all 4 Turkish teams advance. They look strong.
They all have their chances, yes.

All ties can go either way - 3/3 in ECL would be a dream scenario, 0/3 would be a nightmare.

It will be important for Turkish teams to be ready and at full strenght. Besiktas and Fener can't afford to rest players or test new things like they did until now vs Neftchi or Maribor.
Black Eagles 1903
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Ziyech's transfer from Chelsea to Galatasaray is almost complete.

Galatasaray's attack may look like this :

Mertens - Icardi (Zaha) - Ziyech

As a comparison with Fenerbahçe's ideal attack :

Tadic - Dzeko (Batshuayi) - Kent (Joshua King)

And Besiktas' attack :

Rebic (Cenk Tosun) - Aboubakar - Ghezzal (Rashica)
Black Eagles 1903
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Fenerbahçe's weak spot was the goalkeeper.

Now that they transferred Livakovic from Dinamo Zagreb, that issue was solved as well.

For me, they became the biggest favourites to win the league and with such a squad, I wouldn't be surprised if they go very far in Europa Conference League.
Black Eagles 1903
Jua Ferreira

Post by Jua Ferreira »

bjkman1903 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 14:57 Fenerbahçe's weak spot was the goalkeeper.

Now that they transferred Livakovic from Dinamo Zagreb, that issue was solved as well.

For me, they became the biggest favourites to win the league and with such a squad, I wouldn't be surprised if they go very far in Europa Conference League.
sad, he wont be available for Twente tie.
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Molde 2-3 Galatasaray

Another poor performance from Galatasaray but it was enough to win, thanks to mainly Icardi and Akgün's great performance. And with some luck.
Molde need a miracle to win in Istanbul.

I think Galatasaray will finish the job at home.

Fenerbahçe 5-1 Twente

As I said before, I can see Fener going very far in this competition. They have a very strong squad and with time they will become even stronger. They are one of the few teams that are too strong for ECL (like Aston Villa or Club Brugge)
Twente was no match for them.
Or course red card did help but that's part of football.

Dynamo Kiev 2-3 Besiktas

Besiktas were disappointing. This team is not ready yet and needs more time. But we still managed to win.

Besiktas should qualify because there is a big quality gap with Dynamo Kiev, but we need to be careful and stay focused at home to avoid an unpleasant surprise.

Genk 2-1 Adana Demirspor

That late goal ruined a perfect night for Turkey, but Genk deserved the win.
After scoring, Adana did panick and made many mistakes.
But the job was done - the objective was to be alive after the first game.
Now what awaits Genk is a hellish atmosphere in Adana - 30k crazy Adana fans and a very hot weather.
Details will matter again. Chances are close to 50-50, maybe slight advantage to Genk.
Black Eagles 1903
vkgz

Post by vkgz »

bjkman1903 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 16:46 Ziyech's transfer from Chelsea to Galatasaray is almost complete.

Galatasaray's attack may look like this :

Mertens - Icardi (Zaha) - Ziyech

As a comparison with Fenerbahçe's ideal attack :

Tadic - Dzeko (Batshuayi) - Kent (Joshua King)

And Besiktas' attack :

Rebic (Cenk Tosun) - Aboubakar - Ghezzal (Rashica)
galatasaray 9 points
besiktas 7.5 or 7
fenerbahce 7.
Jua Ferreira

Post by Jua Ferreira »

A nice summer session is over.

The most important gain was that unseeded Beşiktaş will be in the groups. Thus, they will have a chance to accumulate some club points and become seeded for the coming years. I think this was the most important achievement of this summer.

Adana Demirspor did better than I expected from them, but being eliminated by Genk, which they could have eliminated, was a bit bittersweet. With a good draw in the groups, they could both increase their own club points and bring country points. After all, last year even Sivasspor could finish its group as leader. Adana Demirspor's squad was much stronger than them. I think with a slightly better coach instead of Patrick Kluivert, the match would not have gone to penalties. He made subs very late in the game in Belgium. In the match here, it was seen that the condition of the team is not very good. If they could eliminate Genk, we would have taken a huge step towards the top 8 in the country rankings in the coming years' battles.

Btw, Adana, which is not in Europe, can play in the top 5 in the league again.

When we thought that Galatasaray would not be able to score many points in the Champions League this year, the whole load fell on the performance of Fenerbahçe and Beşiktaş in the Conference league. The success of these two teams in the Conference league is also very critical for their club points.

It's too early to talk, but the 5 teams that should go to the European cups next year are; Fenerbahçe+Galatasaray+Beşiktaş and two of "Adana/Trabzon/Başakşehir."

Turkey really needs a good 4th team. Trabzonspor has always remained below its potential in Europe. Things have been going very badly in Başakşehir for about a year. It is difficult to predict what will happen for Basaksehir in the next year. Adana Demirspor, on the other hand, may even be relegated from the league as soon as the club president withdraws his financial support, so they are not sustainable in long term.

Also, the big 3 teams should not fail by spending that much money. This is the first condition of staying in the Top 10. Since we do not have a good 4th and 5th team, it is not possible to go higher. Anyway, as a result, if our teams don't draw very badly tomorrow, I think we will close this year approx. 12 points. If Beşiktaş can strengthen their squad a little more and Galatasaray finish the Group as 3rd, there may be more.

Next year we will need more performance as we won't be able to score points so easily in the conference league qualifiers.

yazımı burada sonlandırırken, Belhanda'ya selamımı gönderiyorum.
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Jua Ferreira wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 23:52 It's too early to talk, but the 5 teams that should go to the European cups next year are; Fenerbahçe+Galatasaray+Beşiktaş and two of "Adana/Trabzon/Başakşehir."
Since next season we will have 2 teams in CL, 2 teams in EL and 1 team in ECL, the ideal line-up for Turkey would be :

Fenerbahçe/Galatasaray/Besiktas - two in CL
The remaining team in EL
Trabzon or any minnow like Adana or Sivas in EL (as cup winner if possible)
Basaksehir in ECLQ2 (because of their high coefficient, they will be seeded all the way until GS)

In this configuration, we might have 4-5 teams in group stages.
Black Eagles 1903
Jua Ferreira

Post by Jua Ferreira »

bjkman1903 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 00:20
Jua Ferreira wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 23:52 It's too early to talk, but the 5 teams that should go to the European cups next year are; Fenerbahçe+Galatasaray+Beşiktaş and two of "Adana/Trabzon/Başakşehir."
Since next season we will have 2 teams in CL, 2 teams in EL and 1 team in ECL, the ideal line-up for Turkey would be :

The remaining team in EL
Basaksehir in ECLQ2 (because of their high coefficient, they will be seeded all the way until GS)

Agreed, Trabzon as cup winner and Basaksehir in ECLQ2. But I would prefer a Başakşehir that has solved its problems.

Good luck to BJK in the draw tomorrow.
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Jua Ferreira wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 00:23
bjkman1903 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 00:20

The remaining team in EL

Agreed, Trabzon as cup winner and Basaksehir in ECLQ2. But I would prefer a Başakşehir that has solved its problems.

Good luck to BJK in the draw tomorrow.
Thanks.

What's important in the draw for both Fener and Beşiktaş is to avoid Aston Villa (especially) and Fiorentina from Pot 2.
Black Eagles 1903
Jua Ferreira

Post by Jua Ferreira »

bjkman1903 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 00:30 What's important in the draw for both Fener and Beşiktaş is to avoid Aston Villa (especially) and Fiorentina from Pot 2.
Couldnt agree more.

Since there wont be a strong pot1 team Fenerbahçe can cope with Fiorentina, but this Aston Villa has no mercy.

Dinamo Zagreb from pot1 could be very kind for Beşiktaş, they sold many important players.

Ludogorets/Slovan Bratislava/M. Tel Aviv from pot2. No Aston Villa/Fiorentina.

No Genk from pot3 for Fenerbahçe. (They are not better than Twente, however no need to bother).

No Nordsjælland from pot 4.

That is the wishlist. :up:
Jua Ferreira

Post by Jua Ferreira »

Some words on UECL draw

If Beşiktaş makes one or two more quality reinforcements, they can finish the group ahead of bodo/glimt. club brugge is naturally the favourite of the group considering what they have shown against Osasuna.

Bodo is playing on artificial turf, which is a bit bad. Very good offensive team but they have problems in defence. their playing styles are exactly what Şenol Güneş likes. The technical staff should especially analyze the bodo - molde match.

lugano is below bodo in terms of quality, but they are similar in terms of playing style. They know how to attack, but this creates defensive weaknesses. There should be big victory for Beşiktaş at İnönü.

Overall, we come to same point again. Beşiktaş need transfers of indisputable quality, now and very urgently. Otherwise, problems will start both in the league and in Europe.

Prediction:
1)Club Brugge
2) Beşiktaş
3) Bodo
4) Lugano

---------

Nice draw for Fenerbahce from pot 2 and pot 3, but a strong team from pot 4 in return. As a result, a group that can be said to be open to surprises was formed.

Ludogorets looks a little out of form. especially losing a match to Ballkani, losing the tie to ljublijana (somewhat strangely) is a bad reference for them. In any case, in the past, they have caused problems for teams bigger than Fenerbahçe at their home.

Although spartak trnava eliminated dnipro, they did not satisfy me. For now, they are the closest team to be the last of the group. Their home game against Dnipro was a pain for me in terms of betting purpose, now It's time to revenge :)

nordsjaelland narrowly lost the championship last year. I wonder if they can fill Ernest's position. It is not scary for me that they beat Partizan 5-0, which even barely eliminated Sabah. But in general, I see their chances of finishing the group in the top two higher than Ludogorets.

Fenerbahce's current squad is sufficient for this stage. If a top class 6 number transfer is made, not finishing the group as leader will be a failure.

Prediction:
1) Fenerbahçe
2) Nordsjaelland
3) Ludogorets
4) Spartak Trnava
-------

Of course, all of this is on paper. When a match starts with a red card or a penalty, then everything changes.
GS128

Post by GS128 »

Jua Ferreira wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 16:35 Some words on UECL draw

If Beşiktaş makes one or two more quality reinforcements, they can finish the group ahead of bodo/glimt. club brugge is naturally the favourite of the group considering what they have shown against Osasuna.

Bodo is playing on artificial turf, which is a bit bad. Very good offensive team but they have problems in defence. their playing styles are exactly what Şenol Güneş likes. The technical staff should especially analyze the bodo - molde match.

lugano is below bodo in terms of quality, but they are similar in terms of playing style. They know how to attack, but this creates defensive weaknesses. There should be big victory for Beşiktaş at İnönü.

Overall, we come to same point again. Beşiktaş need transfers of indisputable quality, now and very urgently. Otherwise, problems will start both in the league and in Europe.

Prediction:
1)Club Brugge
2) Beşiktaş
3) Bodo
4) Lugano

---------

Nice draw for Fenerbahce from pot 2 and pot 3, but a strong team from pot 4 in return. As a result, a group that can be said to be open to surprises was formed.

Ludogorets looks a little out of form. especially losing a match to Ballkani, losing the tie to ljublijana (somewhat strangely) is a bad reference for them. In any case, in the past, they have caused problems for teams bigger than Fenerbahçe at their home.

Although spartak trnava eliminated dnipro, they did not satisfy me. For now, they are the closest team to be the last of the group. Their home game against Dnipro was a pain for me in terms of betting purpose, now It's time to revenge :)

nordsjaelland narrowly lost the championship last year. I wonder if they can fill Ernest's position. It is not scary for me that they beat Partizan 5-0, which even barely eliminated Sabah. But in general, I see their chances of finishing the group in the top two higher than Ludogorets.

Fenerbahce's current squad is sufficient for this stage. If a top class 6 number transfer is made, not finishing the group as leader will be a failure.

Prediction:
1) Fenerbahçe
2) Nordsjaelland
3) Ludogorets
4) Spartak Trnava
-------

Of course, all of this is on paper. When a match starts with a red card or a penalty, then everything changes.
I expect that Fenerbahçe would collect 15/16/18 points while Beşiktaş 12/13 points. I hope Galatasaray can finish at third in their group.
Best of luck for all of them.