2023-24 Europa Conference League: 3rd qualifying round

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
seso

Post by seso »

Hard draws for PAOK and Aris; hopefully they will reach ECL-Q3 and then battle for the best.

Interestignly Lazaros Christodoulopoulos has already played 3 matches against Dynamo Kyiv (two matches in 2017-18 EL whilst playing for AEK and one match in 2018-19 EL whilst playing for Oly). All three matches ended in draws!
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Thanks to all. Very good draw for Croatian clubs in ECL today.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Lech has a perfect draw. Legia fans are somehow afraid of Austria Wien, but I think that this time they are able to achieve similar results like Lech last year.

Pogoń is almost done, but I hope for exciting matches and we will see what happens.
seso

Post by seso »

I think that both the match between B36 and Haverfordwest County, as well as the B36/Haverfordwest County vs Rijeka/Dukagjini match could be very interesting!
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Overall i am happy with this draw.
CSKA Sofia (BUL) / Sepsi OSK Sfantu Gheorghe (ROU) – Torpedo Kutaisi (GEO) / FK Aktobe (KAZ) - CSKA avoided AEk Larnaca and Debreceni (we have a tendency to lose when faced against hungarians) and this is a better draw compared to the one of Q2 lol.The pari the drew is probably the best one possible considering that RFS are a tough nut to crack.But first Sepsi.CSKA definitely have a good path towards the PO and i hope they clear it.And in the PO whatever happens happens.
Hapoel Beer Sheva (ISR) / FK Panevėžys (LTU) – KF Shkupi (MKD) / Levski Sofia (BUL) - Levski also probably got the best option considering the fact that the others were Dynamo Kyiv Legia Warsaw and Midtjylland.The potential second leg being in Sofia is always good news.But firstly ofc avoid doing a "Hamrun" and eliminate Shkupi.
CSKA 1948 Sofia (BUL) / FCSB (ROU) – FC Nordsjælland (DEN) - CSKA 1948 had one bad option from the unseeds and unfortunatelly they drew it.It wouldve been nice to draw one of the other 4 pairing to take advantage of FCSB`s seeding status but its not that big of a deal since i dont expect them to beat FCSB in the first place.
jayjay

Post by jayjay »

Juliusz wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 14:36 Lech has a perfect draw. Legia fans are somehow afraid of Austria Wien, but I think that this time they are able to achieve similar results like Lech last year.

Pogoń is almost done, but I hope for exciting matches and we will see what happens.
On the other hand Gent gives Pogoń the seeding place in the 4th round, so it's actually not a bad draw
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

seso wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 14:35 Hard draws for PAOK and Aris; hopefully they will reach ECL-Q3 and then battle for the best.

Interestignly Lazaros Christodoulopoulos has already played 3 matches against Dynamo Kyiv (two matches in 2017-18 EL whilst playing for AEK and one match in 2018-19 EL whilst playing for Oly). All three matches ended in draws!
Aris has indeed a hard draw but I feel it was the best from the 4 options considering the potential to be seeded in PO.

PAOK probably got the best unseeded team in the entire draw, not only subgroup.
HugoBenfica12

Post by HugoBenfica12 »

TommyChat wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 14:54
seso wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 14:35 Hard draws for PAOK and Aris; hopefully they will reach ECL-Q3 and then battle for the best.

Aris has indeed a hard draw but I feel it was the best from the 4 options considering the potential to be seeded in PO.

PAOK probably got the best unseeded team in the entire draw, not only subgroup.
well V Guimaraes is very lucky and arouca too as well
amenina

Post by amenina »

Champions path

Group 1
Hamrun Spartans FC (MLT) / FC Dinamo Tbilisi (GEO) vs Ferencvárosi TC (HUN) / Shamrock Rovers FC (IRL)
FCV Farul Constanța (ROU) / FC Urartu (ARM) vs FC Flora Tallinn (EST)
SP Tre Penne (SMR) / Valmiera FC (LVA) vs Atlètic Club d'Escaldes (AND) / FK Partizani (ALB)

Group 2
Ballkani (KOS) / Larne FC (NIR) vs Lincoln Red Imps FC (GIB)
FC Struga (MKD) / FK Budućnost Podgorica (MNE) vs The New Saints FC (WAL) / FC Swift Hesper (LUX)

Main path

Group 1
FC Torpedo-Belaz Zhodino (BLR) / AEK Larnaca FC (CYP) vs Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC (ISR) / FC Petrocub-Hincesti (MDA)
FC RFS (LVA) / Sabah (AZE) vs FK Partizan (SRB)
PFC CSKA-Sofia (BUL) / Sepsi OSK Sfantu Gheorghe (ROU) vs FC Torpedo Kutaisi (GEO) / FC Aktobe (KAZ)
SK Rapid Wien (AUT) vs Alashkert FC (ARM) / Debreceni VSC (HUN)

Group 2
HNK Hajduk Split (CRO) vs PAOK FC (GRE) / Beitar Jerusalem FC (ISR)
FK Sutjeska (MNE) / FC Santa Coloma (AND) vs AZ Alkmaar (NED)
NK Celje (SVN) / Vitória SC (POR) vs Balzan FC (MLT) / FC Neman Grodno (BLR)
Beşiktaş JK (TUR) / KF Tirana (ALB) vs FK Željezničar (BIH) / Neftçi PFK (AZE)

Group 3
Gabala SC (AZE) / Omonoia FC (CYP) vs FC Midtjylland (DEN) / FC Progrès Niederkorn (LUX)
Ararat-Armenia FC (ARM) / Aris Thessaloniki FC (GRE) vs FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
FC Ordabasy Shymkent (KAZ) / Legia Warszawa (POL) vs FK Austria Wien (AUT) / FK Borac Banja Luka (BIH)
Hapoel Beer-Sheva FC (ISR) / Panevezys (LTU) vs FC Shkupi 1927 (MKD) / PFC Levski Sofia (BUL)

Group 4
Hibernian FC (SCO) / Inter Club d'Escaldes (AND) vs Djurgårdens IF (SWE) / FC Luzern (SUI)
FC Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) / FC Drita (KOS) vs Gzira United FC (MLT) / F91 Diddeleng (LUX)
FC Arouca (POR) vs SK Brann (NOR)
KAA Gent (BEL) / MŠK Žilina (SVK) vs Linfield FC (NIR) / MKS Pogoń Szczecin (POL)
CFR 1907 Cluj (ROU) / Adana Demirspor (TUR) vs NK Osijek (CRO) / ZTE FC (HUN)

Group 5
B36 Tórshavn (FRO) / Haverfordwest County AFC (WAL) vs HNK Rijeka (CRO) / KF Dukagjini (KOS)
FC Twente (NED) / Hammarby Fotboll (SWE) vs Kecskeméti TE (HUN) / Riga FC (LVA)
Crusaders FC (NIR) / Rosenborg BK (NOR) vs Heart of Midlothian FC (SCO)
Fenerbahçe SK (TUR) / FC Zimbru Chisinau (MDA) vs FC Differdange 03 (LUX) / NK Maribor (SVN)
Club Brugge (BEL) / AGF Aarhus (DEN) vs KA Akureyri (ISL) / Dundalk FC (IRL)

Group 6
FC Vorskla Poltava (UKR) / FC Dila Gori (GEO) vs APOEL FC (CYP) / FK Vojvodina (SRB)
KKS Lech Poznań (POL) / FK Kauno Žalgiris (LTU) vs FK Auda (LVA) / FC Spartak Trnava (SVK)
FC CSKA 1948 (BUL) / Fotbal Club FCSB (ROU) vs FC Nordsjælland (DEN)
FC Basel 1893 (SUI) / FC Tobol Kostanay (KAZ) vs Derry City FC (IRL) / KuPS Kuopio (FIN)
FK Bodø/Glimt (NOR) / Bohemians Praha 1905 (CZE) vs Kalmar FF (SWE) / FC Pyunik (ARM)
zwezwe

Post by zwezwe »

Possible opponents for Cyprus if we manage to get some teams through to next round. :D

Gabala SC (AZE) / Omonoia FC (CYP) vs FC Midtjylland (DEN) / FC Progrès Niederkorn (LUX)

The Danish Nr7 from last season are probably massive
favourites againg Progrés. Would be a fun tie, 50/50 in my book.

FC Torpedo-Belaz Zhodino (BLR) / AEK Larnaca FC (CYP) vs Maccabi Tel-Aviv FC (ISR) / FC Petrocub-Hincesti (MDA)

Israeli Nr 3, Maccabi favourites to go through against Moldovans. For sure tough opponent for AEK that had a terrible second half last season. Slight advantage for Maccabi if they face each other.

FC Vorskla Poltava (UKR) / FC Dila Gori (GEO) vs APOEL FC (CYP) / FK Vojvodina (SRB)

APOEL avoided Nordsjälland which is good. APOEL should be considered favourites against both Vorskla Poltava and Dila Gori if they survive Vojvodina.

APOEL are improved from last years european campaign, lets see if its enough to take them to the GS this year.
Omonoia Nicosia
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

Firnen wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 14:15
Two probable Greece v Croatia battles.
I'll trade you the access to CL for AEK and all the glory and money coming with it, and in return I ask Hajduk getting access to ECL-PO over PAOK.

I think it's more than a fair deal. :grin1:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Lubomir25 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 14:29 Not the worst draw for Scottish teams. Ki wonder if they can take advantage of not getting some of the stronger teams for once. I wouldn't expect them to pass the PO round if they do though
It's a brilliant draw. Hibernian's is good compared to what they could have got, but Rosenborg for Hearts is the jackpot. They are struggling so badly in Norway, 19pts from 16 games.
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Lorric wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 15:50
Lubomir25 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 14:29 Not the worst draw for Scottish teams. Ki wonder if they can take advantage of not getting some of the stronger teams for once. I wouldn't expect them to pass the PO round if they do though
It's a brilliant draw. Hibernian's is good compared to what they could have got, but Rosenborg for Hearts is the jackpot. They are struggling so badly in Norway, 19pts from 16 games.
I was just glad Hearts avoided Fenerbache and Club Brugge
seso

Post by seso »

KF Struga (MKD) / Budućnost Podgorica (MNE) – The New Saints FC (WAL) / Swift Hesper (LUX)

I don't know much about the clubs; I hope TNS will have four wins! :grin1:
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Jua Ferreira wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 13:17 no need to avoid Adana Demirspor, their players are good of course but succesfull coach Montella has left. Patrick Kluivert(good striker but bad coach) is the new coach. More, our Turkish teams are known to lose in qualifiers :) "the more budget, the less success" is our motto.
You never know with Adana Demirspor.
I don't expect much from them just to avoid being disappointed by another Turkish minnow (I still remember Konyaspor getting destroyed by Vaduz last season), but they definitely can surprise us.

The big difference with other Turkish teams is that they look more like another Basaksehir - their squad is full of former star players from big teams (just to name some : Badou N'Diaye, Henry Onyekuru, Belhanda or even Nani who joined them this season)

Lack of European experience is their main weakness.
Black Eagles 1903