2024/25 UEFA club season (Champions League, Europa League, Conference League): List of qualified teams

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
quelhar

Post by quelhar »

Sparta Praha is qualified for european football. Both Slavia and Sparta will finish at worst as N3 in the czech league.
SK Slavia Praha fan
amenina

Post by amenina »

In Hungary, Ferencváros qualified for Europe.

They are currently 18 points ahead of 4th place Puskás Akadémia, who have 6 matches to play. Since the first tiebreaker in the Hungarian league is matches won, and Ferencváros currently have won 8 more matches than Puskás Akadémia, Ferencváros will win the tiebreaker if even they finish tied on points, and are assured of a top three finish and thus a place in Europe.
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

Netherlands update:

Feyenoord is qualifed for CL (at least Q3).
amenina

Post by amenina »

Forza AZ wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 23:10 Netherlands update:

Feyenoord is qualifed for CL (at least Q3).
PSG (France) also qualified for CL (at least Q3).

Also, Manchester City (England) qualified for Europe.
amenina

Post by amenina »

@bert.kassies For San Marino, you wrote that "AC Virtus and La Fiorita qualified for European football".

I am guessing that this would imply that since AC Virtus and La Fiorita will finish as the league top two and play in the cup final, whoever finish second in the regular stage of the league will qualify for one of the Conference League Q1 spot, while the other is decided by the play-offs. Is that true?

Or alternatively, could it be the case that the play-offs would be held in their normal format, with the teams finishing between 2nd and 11th in the regular stage participating, and the play-off winner qualifying for one of the Conference League Q1 spot, and the cup winners qualifying for the other, but in the case of the league champions winning the cup also, then the play-off runner-up (the loser of the play-off final) also qualifying for Europe.

If it is the latter case, then neither AC Virtus nor La Fiorita are yet assured of European football.

But since I do not have the regulations of the San Marino league, I don't know whether the former or latter is true (Wikipedia claims the former which agrees with your assessment, but there is no source).
ZacSr

Post by ZacSr »

amenina wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 23:50 But since I do not have the regulations of the San Marino league, I don't know whether the former or latter is true (Wikipedia claims the former which agrees with your assessment, but there is no source).
Wikipedia is not a good source of information because anyone can edit Wikipedia articles. However, the information there is quite often true.
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

amenina wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 23:50 @bert.kassies For San Marino, you wrote that "AC Virtus and La Fiorita qualified for European football".

I am guessing that this would imply that since AC Virtus and La Fiorita will finish as the league top two and play in the cup final, whoever finish second in the regular stage of the league will qualify for one of the Conference League Q1 spot, while the other is decided by the play-offs. Is that true?

Or alternatively, could it be the case that the play-offs would be held in their normal format, with the teams finishing between 2nd and 11th in the regular stage participating, and the play-off winner qualifying for one of the Conference League Q1 spot, and the cup winners qualifying for the other, but in the case of the league champions winning the cup also, then the play-off runner-up (the loser of the play-off final) also qualifying for Europe.

If it is the latter case, then neither AC Virtus nor La Fiorita are yet assured of European football.

But since I do not have the regulations of the San Marino league, I don't know whether the former or latter is true (Wikipedia claims the former which agrees with your assessment, but there is no source).
I also don't have the 2023/24 regulations of the San Marino league (if they even exist). So I just rely on wikipedia here. The only official document that says something on the structure of the league and cup that I know, is the Organic regulation in article 51 (https://www.fsgc.sm/wp-content/uploads/ ... o-2023.pdf). But there is nothing on the case that the cup winner is one of the two top teams.
UEFA European Cup Football for all UEFA coefficients and rankings
eye

Post by eye »

I don't understand why there is any issue on the topic for San Marino. There are knock out playoff after regular season. Till 2022 even the champion was decided by the playoffs but this changed last year and champion is the winner of regular season and doesn't take part at play off anymore. There is also a match for 3rd place. So at CL take part the champion (winner of regular season) and at ECL takes part the cup winner and the winner of playoffs and in case champion and cup winner is the same club then play off winner gets the CW spot and winner of match for 3rd place gets the other ECL spot. So no club from San Marino has qualified yet. Probably the one who added info at wikipedia page confused because last year the current leader and last year's cup winner Virtus was banned from UEFA and didn't take part at ECL
amenina

Post by amenina »

eye wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 17:45 I don't understand why there is any issue on the topic for San Marino. There are knock out playoff after regular season. Till 2022 even the champion was decided by the playoffs but this changed last year and champion is the winner of regular season and doesn't take part at play off anymore. There is also a match for 3rd place. So at CL take part the champion (winner of regular season) and at ECL takes part the cup winner and the winner of playoffs and in case champion and cup winner is the same club then play off winner gets the CW spot and winner of match for 3rd place gets the other ECL spot. So no club from San Marino has qualified yet. Probably the one who added info at wikipedia page confused because last year the current leader and last year's cup winner Virtus was banned from UEFA and didn't take part at ECL
I think you are correct.

Also, last season’s play-off final was played on 20 May, while the cup final was played on 27 May. Tre Penne reached the cup final and could have won the league and cup double, but the play-offs was still held with the regular stage second place, Cosmos, taking part in it. Cosmos won the play-off final to qualify for ECL, and then one week later, Virtus beat Tre Penne in the cup final to qualify for the other spot in the ECL, but later they were banned, so La Florita, who lost the play-off final, took the other ECL spot.

One minor thing: With the regular stage winner declared as league champions and no longer playing in the play-offs, the play-off final now decides second and third place, while there is a fourth-place match between the losing semi-finalists to decide fourth and fifth place. Of course, in normal circumstances, the fourth-placed team would have no chance to qualify for Europe (unless San Marino somehow rise to 50th or above in the rankings), but they could be one of the replacement teams if the teams above fail to get a license to compete.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

I think this might've been missed, but Partizan Belgrade has qualified for Europe. They have a 23-point lead over Vojvodina and Radnički 1923 with eight games to go. However, since the latter two will face each other once more in the championship playoffs, at most one of them can pass Partizan. Thus, Partizan will play in Europe next season
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

@bert.kassies In Albania the top 4 teams will enter knock out playoffs for the championship including 3rd placed playoff for the last European slot if the cup winner is not in top 4, in a final 4 format in Air Albania stadium. I just read it on regulations. It seems that this info is not in the qualification page.
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

TommyChat wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 15:18 @bert.kassies In Albania the top 4 teams will enter knock out playoffs for the championship including 3rd placed playoff for the last European slot if the cup winner is not in top 4, in a final 4 format in Air Albania stadium. I just read it on regulations. It seems that this info is not in the qualification page.
Thanks for feedback
UEFA European Cup Football for all UEFA coefficients and rankings
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Ferenćvaros officially qualified for Europe today as they are 21 points ahead of fourth spot with six games to play
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

RB Leipzig and Borussia Dortmund qualified for European football. Both will finish in top 6 in the Bundesliga.

Slovan Bratislava are champions of Slovakia and qualified for CL Q1.
amenina

Post by amenina »

In Scotland, Celtic have qualified for Champions League as they will finish in top two, and Hearts have qualified for Europe as they will finish in top four.

In Croatia, Dinamo Zagreb have qualified for Europe as they will finish in top four.

In Northern Ireland, Cliftonville have qualified for Conference League as they will finish third.