2023/2024 Conference League Group G: Frankfurt - PAOK - HJK - Aberdeen

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Hoopy

Post by Hoopy »

emortal wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:57 In the bizarre case of Aberdeen accusing PAOK fans of racist behavior during the MD4 game between the two sides, UEFA has yesterday closed the investigation.

I would suggest PAOK FC should not let this slide.

The player and club should be punished for making up ridiculous, unfounded accusations.
PAOK will face no further punishment after UEFA shut down the investigation into their fans' alleged racist abuse of Aberdeen star Papa Gueye.
Now, after having looked into the matter, UEFA have closed the case.

A spokesperson said: "There was an investigation and the disciplinary bodies ultimately closed the proceedings."
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... ye-racism/
Where is the evidence it was made up or unfounded? Not being able to prove it happened is not the same as it not happening at all.
emortal

Post by emortal »

Hoopy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 18:30 Where is the evidence it was made up or unfounded? Not being able to prove it happened is not the same as it not happening at all.
IANAL and I know that law works differently in Anglosaxon and other countries.

But in good ol' continental Europe, when you accuse someone of a crime or breaking a law he is presumed innocent.
And it's the responsibility of the accuser to prove his claims, not of the defendant to prove his innocence.

Failure to do so can result in being countersued for malicious prosecution.
Hoopy

Post by Hoopy »

emortal wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 15:53
Hoopy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 18:30 Where is the evidence it was made up or unfounded? Not being able to prove it happened is not the same as it not happening at all.
IANAL and I know that law works differently in Anglosaxon and other countries.

But in good ol' continental Europe, when you accuse someone of a crime or breaking a law he is presumed innocent.
And it's the responsibility of the accuser to prove his claims, not of the defendant to prove his innocence.

Failure to do so can result in being countersued for malicious prosecution.
You are accusing The Aberdeen player of being guilty of making it up. You are getting angry about something when in actual fact you can't prove it one way or another so you just assume that it's false because that suits you better. I'm not going to continue the conversation because it doesn't seem like you are a reasonable person to deal with.