2030 World Cup

Euro 2024, World Cup 2026, etc.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:25
Lorric wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:16
Jackson Harrison wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:07

You could have 2 halves, one in OZ/NZ (with possibly a few games in ASEAN nations such as Indonesia) and the other in the Middle East. Qatar have stadiums that could host a few games, UAE have Abu Dhabi Jayed Sports City, Oman I don't know and Saudi some decent stadiums. Even Iraq, Lebanon, Kuwait and Bahrain could have a shout.

Admire what? Don't get what you mean?
Don't want to get too political as we know where that leads. I had some "rant energy" to get rid of from the OFC 2 slots, ha ha. :lol:

But it's that they don't give a millimetre on their values. They'll always put theirs over yours. I'm not saying it's good or right, and I do believe it's a good thing for cultures to make reasonable concessions to accommodate others.
Trying to get the thread locked within a couple of hours of it being opened? :lol:

And your point?

Does our church give a millimetre on issues like gay marriage?
If I remember rightly Qatar allowed gay coupled to attend the World Cup which is against their values!
Let's stop then.

They wouldn't have been allowed to be gay.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

OlliWender wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:26 About what I expected. Spain, Portugal and Morocco with the backing of both Europe and Africa were always gonna be favorites while the anniversary tournament would've never gotten a substantial backing in a straight shootout.
Of course it ends up perfectly convenient for Saudi 2034 with no Europe, Africa and America to worry about so unlike with Qatar, them being chosen will even end up looking like the most logical choice.

Now we can even enjoy the totally unbiased and not at all money incited love confessions for Saudi Arabia by the likes of Ronaldo, Neymar, Beckham and Co. for four year longer...
Money talks, and it will talk through them.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

Lorric wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:27

Don't want to get too political as we know where that leads. I had some "rant energy" to get rid of from the OFC 2 slots, ha ha. :lol:

But it's that they don't give a millimetre on their values. They'll always put theirs over yours. I'm not saying it's good or right, and I do believe it's a good thing for cultures to make reasonable concessions to accommodate others.
Trying to get the thread locked within a couple of hours of it being opened? :lol:

And your point?

If I remember rightly Qatar allowed gay coupled to attend the World Cup which is against their values!
Let's stop then.

The thing is you're still gay. Openly gay may not be allowed but you can't stop people from being gay, they're born gay.
amenina

Post by amenina »

Again, please take your conversations unrelated to the topic elsewhere.
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

Lorric wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:27

And your point?

Let's stop then.

I'm also surprised how Jackson doesn't seem to know how many Lutheran/Protestant churches in the US and Western/Northern Europe support gay marriages or are led by gay priests themselves, but that's off topic like you've said.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

amenina wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:33 Again, please take your conversations unrelated to the topic elsewhere.
I'll say no more.

Australia bid for the Qatar World Cup, so maybe they'll bid again. They've just hosted the women's one though. I don't know whether they can handle a 48 team World Cup alone though.

As for this one, I wonder if FIFA will grant the South Americans top pot privileges as well?
Shing

Post by Shing »

Shing wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 17:45 FIFA Council takes key decisions on FIFA World Cup™ editions in 2030 and 2034
https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/organis ... 0-and-2034
FIFA do not mention that the 3 South American teams can qualify automatically
amenina

Post by amenina »

Regarding the hosting situation:

It is pretty obvious that CONMEBOL, after talking with FIFA, knows that there is no chance they can win the 2030 bid. Once the number of matches of the 48-team World Cup goes up to 104, those four countries simply do not have the money to build/renovate the necessary number of stadiums (16 used in 2026). So they make the concession to FIFA and the rival bid in order to at least able to host a few matches.

I guess because there are three hosts in Europe/Africa, South America also have to match this number with three hosts. Uruguay definitely has to be included due to the centenary, while Argentina is also chosen as they are the largest country. Between Chile and Paraguay, I guess Paraguay get the nod because: 1. They have never hosted the World Cup (Chile hosted in 1962), 2. Paraguay were the third country to join the bid while Chile were the last of the four countries to join, 3. Paraguay are where the CONMEBOL headquarters are located, 4. They seem to be the more politically stable country between the two.
Last edited by amenina on Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

Shing wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:39
Shing wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 17:45 FIFA Council takes key decisions on FIFA World Cup™ editions in 2030 and 2034
https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/organis ... 0-and-2034
FIFA do not mention that the 3 South American teams can qualify automatically
But then they have no justification to exclude CONMEBOL from 2034 bidding.
amenina

Post by amenina »

PDF
FIFA World Cup 2030™ and FIFA World Cup 2034™ Bidding Regulations

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/51aef03d9 ... ations.pdf

PDF
FIFA World Cup 2030™ and FIFA World Cup 2034™ Overview of the Bidding Processes

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/5c81372fd ... cesses.pdf
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

Lorric wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:38
amenina wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:33 Again, please take your conversations unrelated to the topic elsewhere.
I'll say no more.

Australia bid for the Qatar World Cup, so maybe they'll bid again. They've just hosted the women's one though. I don't know whether they can handle a 48 team World Cup alone though.

As for this one, I wonder if FIFA will grant the South Americans top pot privileges as well?
No hosts should get top pot privilege. Take Group A of WWC23 as an example!
matt

Post by matt »

The funny thing is that they (governments, firms, int. organizations) always lecture us, the average men of the streets, on environmental issues, and then they organize the World Cup of Football in three different continents.
International break hater
amenina

Post by amenina »

https://www.conmebol.com/noticias/la-co ... o-comenzo/

La Copa del Mundo Centenario 2030 arrancará en Sudamérica, el lugar donde todo comenzó

"The 2030 Centennial World Cup will kick off in South America, the place where it all began"
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Lorric wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:19
rpo.castro wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 18:06 What the heck was going into their minds?
Money, yeah lots of it.
Maybe they were high and thought: "Hey, South America its just across that river!"

After this South America/Europe/Africa World Cup, Next has to be Asia/Oceania. Some matches in Tahiti or Fiji? Maybe 8 Oceania nations has hosts.
Gonna get in on some of that Saudi Ca$h Ca$h mon£y mon£y they're splashing around I guess. They already gave them the Club World Cup. Or maybe it'll be in China.
I doubt china. They have bigger concerns.

Only traditional football counties or oil countries needing sportwashing will get into WC's at senior level. They are very expensive and hard to organize.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Delete