ECLGS 4th round, Nov. 9.

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Overgame

Post by Overgame »

Brugge is qualified, a draw at home vs Bodo is enough to win the group
Gent was scary but got the 3 points. A draw at home vs Zorya is enough for the qualification (technically we could still see a tie at 11 points, but with a superior GD and GS, it should be enough).
Genk got a good point in Hungary but I think they're toast. I don't see them getting something in Italy, and then they'd need Fiorentina to win away, while already qualified, when both team would be happy with a draw.
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

Jim26 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 23:15 Proud of how AFC defended against a capable PAOK team with much greater resources.

Glad that the ridiculous penalty decision was overturned by VAR, and PAOK could have had a red card for Vieirinha's foul in the first half.

PAOK obviously have a lot of quality and it will be interesting to see how the return match goes in Germany now that Eintracht seem to be back in form.
Was an awesome result, you haven't got what you deserved this campaign. Hopefully you can get the win against Helsinki and gain more coefficient points in future campaigns
amenina

Post by amenina »

Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

emortal wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 23:46
Jim26 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 23:15 Proud of how AFC defended against a capable PAOK team with much greater resources.
Certainly something to build on.
Glad that the ridiculous penalty decision was overturned by VAR, and PAOK could have had a red card for Vieirinha's foul in the first half.
Un-PAOK-like behaviour by Koulierakis, he should've told the ref straight away that he just tripped.
Instead we had 4' wasted at a time when PAOK was pressing for another goal.
PAOK obviously have a lot of quality and it will be interesting to see how the return match goes in Germany now that Eintracht seem to be back in form.
It's funny, isn't it.
They couldn't win before the Toumba game.
And since losing that game, they have only wins!

Obviously I'm a little biased, but I hope Aberdeen defends as stubbornly at home vs Eintracht as they did today.
And that they get at least a draw out of it :wink:
He didn't trip, he dived and tried to cheat he's lucky he was offside or he would have been booked
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67375512

Racial abuse from PAOK supporters, probably just a "trip" though and usually he would report himself in true PAOK fashion according to @emortal
naaba

Post by naaba »

Overgame wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 00:25 Genk got a good point in Hungary but I think they're toast. I don't see them getting something in Italy, and then they'd need Fiorentina to win away, while already qualified, when both team would be happy with a draw.
Fiorentina winning against Genk.
Ferencváros winning in Serbia.

Genk winning against Cukaricki.
Ferencváros not losing against Fiorentina.

It's not unexpected but 2 factors come into play :

- Cukaricki's last chance for taking points will be against Ferencváros. They were close against Fiorentina.

- Fiorentina drew at home to Ferencváros so out of pride they have to win in Hungary to show they are the better club. Also there are many occurrences of underdog clubs getting an awesome result away first, only to blow everything at home. Fiorentina is still an Italian team, finalist last season, and will all due respect Ferencváros is "only" Ferencváros. It is more likely to see the Italians winning 0-1, 1-2, 0-2, 1-3, 0-3... than not winning. Even a Fiorentina B+ can do it.

I wouldn't be surprised actually that Fiorentina wins in Hungary but Genk can't win against Cukaricki.
emortal

Post by emortal »

Lubomir25 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 01:25 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67375512

Racial abuse from PAOK supporters, probably just a "trip" though and usually he would report himself in true PAOK fashion according to @emortal
The only abuse here is that of position by this bbc "journalist" and the title he picked for the article.
In response, PAOK described the complaint as "clearly a product of imagination, as it did not come to the attention of any official".

They said there has "never been racist behaviour" in their stadium and it "would not be tolerated anyway".
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

emortal wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 16:34
Lubomir25 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 01:25 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67375512

The only abuse here is that of position by this bbc "journalist" and the title he picked for the article.
In response, PAOK described the complaint as "clearly a product of imagination, as it did not come to the attention of any official".

They said there has "never been racist behaviour" in their stadium and it "would not be tolerated anyway".
What would anyone gain from making that up?
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Surprising but a very needed win last night for Ludo if they plan on playing in the spring. If they can be above the danes come MD6 that would be ideal but a bit unlikely. Having a chance to qualify when MD6 is here would be great.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

MD4 attendances

Aston Villa - AZ Alkmaar 40,000
Legia - Zrinjski 24,616
Slovan Bratislava - Lille 21,544
Ferencváros - Genk 20,127
PAOK - Aberdeen 19,019
Beşiktaş - Bodø/Glimt 17,314
Club Brugge - Lugano 16,493
Astana - Ballkani 15,337
Viktoria Plzeň - Dinamo Zagreb 11,084
Ludogorets - Fenerbahçe 10,363
HJK - Eintracht Frankfurt 10,121
Nordsjælland - Spartak Trnava 5,262
Čukarički - Fiorentina 3,402
Olimpija Ljubljana - KÍ Klaksvík 2,296
Breiðablik - Gent 1,211
Zorya Luhansk - Maccabi Tel Aviv 763
matt

Post by matt »

Maccabi Tel Aviv (Israel) - Zorya (Ukraine) will be played on Saturday in... Backa Topola, Serbia :dontknow:
International break hater
emortal

Post by emortal »

Case Closed.

I would suggest PAOK FC should not let this slide.

The player and club should be punished for making up ridiculous unfounded accusations.
PAOK will face no further punishment after UEFA shut down the investigation into their fans' alleged racist abuse of Aberdeen star Papa Gueye.
Now, after having looked into the matter, UEFA have closed the case.

A spokesperson said: "There was an investigation and the disciplinary bodies ultimately closed the proceedings."
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... ye-racism/
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

emortal wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:55

Case Closed.

The player and club should be punished for making up ridiculous unfounded accusations.
PAOK will face no further punishment after UEFA shut down the investigation into their fans' alleged racist abuse of Aberdeen star Papa Gueye.

A spokesperson said: "There was an investigation and the disciplinary bodies ultimately closed the proceedings."
There's nothing in there suggesting he lied so pipe down moron
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

Lubomir25 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 13:38
emortal wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:55

Case Closed.

There's nothing in there suggesting he lied so pipe down moron
Ok guys let's not turn this into a bigger thing than it is. I suggest you stop throwing insults around @Lubomir25!
emortal

Post by emortal »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 15:00 Ok guys let's not turn this into a bigger thing than it is. I suggest you stop throwing insults around @Lubomir25!
I appreciate the effort to cool things down, but you're putting blame for this on me as well?
And his insulting post stays as is?

Posts of mine have been deleted and my account suspended for months for much less!