ECLGS 6th round, Dec.14.2023

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
babaluj1

Post by babaluj1 »

Juliusz wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 20:39 Legia are through from a strong group! :mol: Great campaign so far.
Zrinjski missed well in the second half, Aston Villa luckily got a point. Legia was unlucky, they should have won the group. :applause:
Jua Ferreira

Post by Jua Ferreira »

Bulgarian wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 20:49 Fucking finally!!! Some bulgarian football happiness. Ludogorets advance with zero GD the danes go out with +10.
Dont blow your bullets.
Congrats, you may remember the draw day. almost everybody, including me, said then Ludogorets has lesser chance compared to FCN and FB. Sacking that bad coach turned the tide for Bulgarian team. GL in next rounds.
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

THEPOSH wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 20:43 The ref in the Ludo FCN game was simply not up to the task in such a high stakes game. Ludo should have been a man down all second half.
But FCN only have themselves to blame.
Yeah the ref was atrocious, I began to suspect that he was bought by Ludo... Tekpetey should hasve been red carded twice and also FCN could have had a penalty in the second half. Not a fan of FCN but I am a bit sad that such a an exciting young team is going out after crushing both Fenerbahce and Ludo at home. For me they were by far the best team in the group, even today they hit the woodwork twice and had other good chances while Ludo scored from a deflection. Very unlucky both with the ref and with goal opportunities conversion.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

anty1975 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 20:58
THEPOSH wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 20:43 The ref in the Ludo FCN game was simply not up to the task in such a high stakes game. Ludo should have been a man down all second half.
But FCN only have themselves to blame.
Yeah the ref was atrocious, I began to suspect that he was bought by Ludo... Tekpetey should hasve been red carded twice and also FCN could have had a penalty in the second half. Not a fan of FCN but I am a bit sad that such a an exciting young team is going out after crushing both Fenerbahce and Ludo at home. For me they were by far the best team in the group, even today they hit the woodwork twice and had other good chances while Ludo scored from a deflection. Very unlucky both with the ref and with goal opportunities conversion.
Oh please https://www.flashscore.com/match/MTHTU6 ... atistics/0
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

Jua Ferreira wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 20:58
Bulgarian wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 20:49 Fucking finally!!! Some bulgarian football happiness. Ludogorets advance with zero GD the danes go out with +10.
Dont blow your bullets.
Congrats, you may remember the draw day. almost everybody, including me, said then Ludogorets has lesser chance compared to FCN and FB. Sacking that bad coach turned the tide for Bulgarian team. GL in next rounds.
I do. Makes it a bit sweeter ngl. You are spot on with the coach.
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Jua Ferreira wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 20:58
Dont blow your bullets.
Yes, congrats! Awesome result, your qualification helped Fener get first place too.

I think no one expected Ludogorets to qualify after that 7-0 defeat, almost a small miracle.
Black Eagles 1903
anty1975

Post by anty1975 »

And so what? Stats are more or less equal, also xG is equal. We can say equal match, yes. But at home FCN crushed Ludo without any problem. So even if we ignore ref's performance today Ludo were lucky to win and progress from the group.
paddymcp

Post by paddymcp »

BurningStorm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 20:57 As expected in this thread, Aberdeen was more motivated in the (for both) meaningless game. Eintracht without the best striker and also without the guy with the most assists, the keeper and leader Trapp had to leave the pitch early, and no passion in the game after the highlight win against Bayern. Kinda understand it, as long as they go full power in the KO stage as usual, I'm okay.

How were Aberdeen more motivated? They rested all their best players. I just think Frankfurt aren’t very good IMO. That Bayern game was a freak result. They’ll finish around 12th in the Bundesliga and be knocked out the first good team they play in the UCL ko stages.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

anty1975 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 21:07
And so what? Stats are more or less equal, also xG is equal. We can say equal match, yes. But at home FCN crushed Ludo without any problem. So even if we ignore ref's performance today Ludo were lucky to win and progress from the group.
Today they were equal to Ludogorets at best.You highlighted their misses yet you dont mention that Ludogorets themselves hit the post in the first.That penalty you mention was not a penalty.Overall they stayed back and waited they were not the active team and it did not work out in the end.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

paddymcp wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 21:08
BurningStorm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 20:57 As expected in this thread, Aberdeen was more motivated in the (for both) meaningless game. Eintracht without the best striker and also without the guy with the most assists, the keeper and leader Trapp had to leave the pitch early, and no passion in the game after the highlight win against Bayern. Kinda understand it, as long as they go full power in the KO stage as usual, I'm okay.

How were Aberdeen more motivated? They rested all their best players. I just think Frankfurt aren’t very good IMO. That Bayern game was a freak result. They’ll finish around 12th in the Bundesliga and be knocked out the first good team they play in the UCL ko stages.
I don't know their players, but regarding the motivation it's obvious that this was a bigger game for them than for Eintracht. Playing in a UEFA competition (in a group stage) is a special thing for them and not usual, they had a home game, they played a "top 4 league" team that won the EL 1,5 years ago. For Eintracht it was the most meaningless game they had in years, all competitions combined. After a highlight win against Bayern and before a difficult game in Leverkusen (!). It's comparable to Aston Villa in Bosnia, people shouldn't overrate those results in dead rubbers.

Interesting that you are a Eintracht expert now. :upset: You probably watched the two games against Aberdeen and nothing else.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Maccabi Tel Aviv is beating Gent, Israel is making a surprise comeback in the fight for Top 15.
Mack

Post by Mack »

1-0 Club Brugge. Antonio Nusa, such a brilliant player.
Lubomir25

Post by Lubomir25 »

BurningStorm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 21:17

I don't know their players, but regarding the motivation it's obvious that this was a bigger game for them than for Eintracht. Playing in a UEFA competition (in a group stage) is a special thing for them and not usual, they had a home game, they played a "top 4 league" team that won the EL 1,5 years ago. For Eintracht it was the most meaningless game they had in years, all competitions combined. After a highlight win against Bayern and before a difficult game in Leverkusen (!). It's comparable to Aston Villa in Bosnia, people shouldn't overrate those results in dead rubbers.

Interesting that you are a Eintracht expert now. :upset: You probably watched the two games against Aberdeen and nothing else.
Aberdeen made 8 changes to their team ahead of the cup final to Frankfurt's 6. Aberdeen have a cup final on Sunday so they rested most of their first choice team including the top scorer.

Aberdeens reserves beat Frankfurts reserves and in the 1st game ran them close. Give credit where it's due instead of trying to diminish the achievement of taking the scalp of a team with more resources
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Lubomir25 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 22:00

Aberdeen made 8 changes to their team ahead of the cup final to Frankfurt's 6. Aberdeen have a cup final on Sunday so they rested most of their first choice team including the top scorer.

Aberdeens reserves beat Frankfurts reserves and in the 1st game ran them close. Give credit where it's due instead of trying to diminish the achievement of taking the scalp of a team with more resources
I do give credit, but it's a fact that their players on the pitch were more motivated. Similar to Zrinjski Mostar - Aston Villa. For smaller teams it's of course the bigger highlight. That's why I said before there will be a good opportunity to grab 1 or 2 points for Scotland. It's nonsense to use this game to bash the opponent, otherwise Aston Villa is also out next round with this logic.

Aberdeen played a decent group stage, also good fights against PAOK.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

BurningStorm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 22:06
Lubomir25 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 22:00

I do give credit, but it's a fact that their players on the pitch were more motivated. Similar to Zrinjski Mostar - Aston Villa. For smaller teams it's of course the bigger highlight. That's why I said before there will be a good opportunity to grab 1 or 2 points for Scotland. It's nonsense to use this game to bash the opponent, otherwise Aston Villa is also out next round with this logic.

Aberdeen played a decent group stage, also good fights against PAOK.
About Villa, it wasn't a dead rubber. Legia would have won the group if Villa lost.