FEPG Season 32 Week 6 - Deadline Sat 9th Mar 13:59 CET

For all predictions and games.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

OK, now i have time I’ll respond fully.

First of all a balanced and fair response, I’m glad we can be grown up about this and avoid the ‘knee-jerk’ replies.

Let’s pull your response post apart.
Affo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 16:00 "I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that. You have made some errors that was all I'm saying. Don't take anything to heart."

If you didn't mean it like that, I suggest you take along hard look at what and how you post in future. I have tried really, really hard not to post a knee jerk reaction and fan any flames, just rise above your rant but you know what, i've had enough of letting the comments pass over.

You overstepped this time by a way too big a margin in my opinion and then tried to back track and claim it wasn't meant like that etc, etc. Too late!
What comments did you let pass over? Obviously not mine. At least I have the decency to admit when I’m wrong and write a polite response. You didn’t even make a post like this when some rude person tried to oust you by undemocratic means!
Affo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 16:00
Jackson Harrison wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 20:09
Affo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 15:30 4 9/3/24 16:00 Kilmarnock v St Mirren SCO P-P
No, it was not PP. It was NEVER schedule for today.
Oh I have to disagree, at the time of creating the fixture list, this match was listed on soccerway.com, check your facts before you make a statement like that. :nono:
I did :smile: !
March

2: Dundee (a)

16: St Mirren (h)

30: Hearts (a)
(Source:https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... d-schedule)

Think you’d aught to correct the record!
Jackson Harrison wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 20:09To make this worse there is no Scottish Premiership fixtures this weekend as it's the 1/4 finals of the Scottish Cup.
"Make it worse?" Drama!!!! I chose one game that was listed at the time I created the list.
No, it wasn’t as I’ve proven above :banana:
Jackson Harrison wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 20:09I of all people appreciate all the work you do however to be the administrator of this great game is to take care and check your work. This kind of error is below the standard expected as it could really mess up people's scores (some people spend less time analysing bonus games - myself included sometimes).
There wasn't an error made. :sigh: The game existed at the time of processing the list, I refer you to answers above. Also, lesson learnt hopefully, treat all 12 matches with the same level of analysis.
No, the game DID not exist. That’s 3 occasions in which your post was misleading. You should write a fiction book :D
Jackson Harrison wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 20:09 You also got one of the kick-off times wrong which wasn't (to my knowledge) changed.
:nono: Sound like a broken record :sigh: but the KO time was correct at the time of making the list. I didn't alter it as the ko moved later and didn't affect the deadline. If it made the deadline earlier, everyone would have been informed.
So are you claiming that you knew of the change? If sp why did you not correct it? It did change I discovered (and I wholeheartedly apologise for mistakeingly suggesting otherwise)
Affo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 16:00 As others have said, this is a team effort and if any game changes in any way, post on the appropriate thread and alterations can be made. We all spend different amounts of time on here and at different times of the day. :mol:
Well said! :applause: :applause: :applause:
Please do take more care.
Jackson Harrison wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 20:09 No previous admin has made so many mistakes.
:down: Careful, better have some evidence to back up claims like that. You only started playing this in what...season 31? KDz and the others before him did stellar work, were there any errors? I couldn't possibly make any statement on that, I don't know.
I have read all the seasons before and gone through all the work and of course they made some mistakes. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. You’re not in any way worse, in fact I’d say (with all due respect to others) you’re the best admin as I’d consider you’re administration as ‘administration with a human face’ rather than ‘robotic administration’.
Jackson Harrison wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 20:09 I once again thank you for reviving this great game but credit from that isn't enough to become unimpeachable and/or indispensable.
You post that this was a positive criticism rant sorry, post. I don't think so with vocabulary like that. :redcard:
Maybe it was too strong? This is a flaming sports prediction game, not a debate in the House of Commons! But my point remains.
Affo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 16:00 I know this post reads as if I am a little bit miffed or a smidgeon annoyed and it is a bit piss takey...that's EXACTLY how it's supposed to be read.

Now, we can concentrate on the rest of the season. I do appreciate everyone taking their time to post predictions and to check fixtures/scores etc, it is a team effort which I just happen to do the summarising and preparation of fixtures for. :beer:

For the record, this is the politest response I could manage, the knee jerk ones I penned and deleted were not so helpful :grin1:
This is actually quite funny :lol: It is quite clearly intended to mimic me which I have no issue with.

Overall, my point remains. I didn’t backtrack - I clarified my points.
I’m a decent guy (good job or I could have made this post more revelationary) and not scared to concede when I’m wrong. I suggest you repay the decency by conceding that you did make a mistake.

I want FEPG to succeed as much as anyone, that’s all I had in mind when I posted this.

Also, 2 days to post a non-kneejerk response when I know for a fact with good evidence that you read it within an hour of it being posted is somewhat bizarre.

Additionally - I have been concerned that you have taken decisions unilaterally rather than by consulting players like previous admins did. Being the admin doesn’t give you ‘power’ of course you can make decisions but you should also listen to suggestions by a variety of players. In this respect I propose a proper poll is set up where players can make proposals which can be voted on, the result being binding.
TommyChat

Post by TommyChat »

The game was never scheduled for 9th March. If Soccerway had it listed for then... Well Soccerway made a mistake.
Jackson Harrison

TommyChat wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 08:17 The game was never scheduled for 9th March. If Soccerway had it listed for then... Well Soccerway made a mistake.
Thank you.

I very much doubt Soccerway made a mistake!
Affo

Post by Affo »

Ok, who wants to take over running FEPG.

I no longer have the desire or the patience to continue. Certain people just make it not fun.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Affo, please reconsider your decision, I hope you will continue running this game. @Jackson Harrison missed his prediction for reserve match, while most of the players had it correct, so he decided to make a mess (again). I bet if Heidenheim would have beaten Augsburg, he would not see any problem. Affo, your efforts and work to keep this game entertaining are really appreciated by majority of participants.

As for you, Jackson, you are making mess also in Lyonnais' prediction game with your (annoying to everyone, particularly to the host) comments. You said not once and not twice that "I don't care about winning or losing" while, basing on my observations, there is no player on this forum who would take our prediction games more seriously, in a negative meaning because it is mainly about having fun. If you can't stand losing, buy a punchbag instead of attacking the game host.
fabiomh

Post by fabiomh »

This game played well for so many years.
This year we have an increase of the number of annoying discussions just caused by Jackson.
I don't know why, and I don't care if he is aware of the problems he is creating or not.

@Affo you are doing a very good job.
Please riconsider your decision, otherwise you would do what he wants.
Please ignore him, it is the best way.
Hope for more partecipants in the next Prediction Game
seso

Post by seso »

Greyn wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:59 Affo, please reconsider your decision, I hope you will continue running this game.
:up:
fabiomh wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:31 @Affo you are doing a very good job.
Please riconsider your decision, otherwise you would do what he wants.
:up:
Francisco

Post by Francisco »

Hi Affo,

Also consider my support to continue. I think you do a great job. :up:

Do it like I try to do most of the time: Just ignore childish/stupid/offensive comments. If you fuel them they won't stop.
Jackson Harrison

@Affo please reconsider your decision.

I made it clear that it was not my wish for you to go.

@Greyn I have Asperger's syndrome which does make me more interested and engaged in what's going on and more attention to detail. I don't care about winning or losing TBF, I just want the game to be fair.

If Affo doesn't reconsider I won't be putting myself forward to take over this game alone. I don't have the time to do it alone at the moment. I can help out maybe with the results. I propose a team effort (one person to do the game selection, one to calculate the results, one to calculate League Table etc.).
I propose that this period of interim administration takes place until the end of the season. In the summer we will then have a chance to consider the way forward with this game and put more systems in place which I will propose later on. I would consider put myself forward in the summer as I would have more time to start Season 33.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Jackson Harrison wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:43
If Affo doesn't reconsider I won't be putting myself forward to take over this game alone. I don't have the time to do it alone at the moment. I can help out maybe with the results. I propose a team effort (one person to do the game selection, one to calculate the results, one to calculate League Table etc.).
I propose that this period of interim administration takes place until the end of the season. In the summer we will then have a chance to consider the way forward with this game and put more systems in place which I will propose later on. I would consider put myself forward in the summer as I would have more time to start Season 33.
I can't speak for other players, but surely if you become a host or even a co-host of this game - I will withdraw.

I don't see a forum member who would run this game in a better way than @Affo does.
Ambro

Post by Ambro »

Hi @Affo

You also have my support as I think you are doing a brilliant job at organizing this game.
Jackson Harrison

Greyn wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:59
Jackson Harrison wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:43
I can't speak for other players, but surely if you become a host or even a co-host of this game - I will withdraw.

I don't see a forum member who would run this game in a better way than @Affo does.
I agree. I would rather someone like yourself take it over. You’re way more experienced than me!
Renard207

Post by Renard207 »

I come on coffee break to post my prediction for @Lyonnais Jeux and read this 'drama'

@Jackson Harrison didnt need to make his comment and I support @Affo and echo the wish to reconsider stepping away. The 'piss Takey' response was maybe abit uniwise but Jackson (and you to respond) could use PM to address any concern. I think it was wrong for both belligerent to post this in public forum.

If he does quit I could maybe volunteer to help out with the ficture list but I don't understand how to do the score calculation and need someone with IT skill as people don't have time to add up results in head.
KRB

Post by KRB »

Affo, I told you in PM that he created a lot of problems to me and made me bullying and he is the reason I stop participating and my intention was not to participate again! Thanks to you I participate because for many years I admire your work and your warm character. I am sure you will stay and ignore problem just for only one person. You make my days better. If you quit, I will quit as well because as I said I returned because of you.
ralfinho

Post by ralfinho »

Affo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 14:03 With Ambro and RuudFeijernoord missing a group stage week, as per the rules, they have been removed from the group stages.
I don‘t understand that as Ambro predicted this week on Page 1.

Apart from that minor detail I fully support you, @Affo and hope that you continue your efforts.