2023/24 Europa League quarter-finals, semi-finals and final

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

0-1 Liverpool HT. Seen very little of this with Villa then West Ham dominating my attention.
matt

Post by matt »

Roma 2-0 up, but one man down.

Milan must score three goals in the second half. Long half ahead for the giallorossi.
International break hater
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Is Leverkusen still celebrating their league title?

It doesn't make sense to be dominated by this West Ham.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

matt wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 21:53 Roma 2-0 up, but one man down.

Milan must score three goals in the second half. Long half ahead for the giallorossi.
Milan with 0 shots on target in the 1st half. I guess they have to improve this statistic "a bit" in the 2nd half if they want to score 3 goals. :tongue:
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

1-0 HT. Didn't want that half to end, West Ham winning every ball and absolutely steamrolling Leverkusen who could hardly get out of their half.
matt

Post by matt »

Greyn wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 21:55
matt wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 21:53 Roma 2-0 up, but one man down.

Milan with 0 shots on target in the 1st half. I guess they have to improve this statistic "a bit" in the 2nd half if they want to score 3 goals. :tongue:
Yes, Celik's red card is the only reason Milan are still alive.
International break hater
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Firnen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 21:54 Is Leverkusen still celebrating their league title?

Once again Xabi Alonso's ideas in the EL are the biggest risk for them, like in the two Qarabag legs. Fielding Kossounou was a big mistake, he had to correct it after 25 minutes. He also rests top players like Frimpong, Boniface, Hofmann, Andrich and Adli. Now he has to correct a lot of other mistakes too in the halftime. I wonder if he learns his lesson and fields his best team if they advance here? No experienced coach would do this shit, he is annoying in the EL.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

BurningStorm wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 22:05
Firnen wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 21:54 Is Leverkusen still celebrating their league title?

Once again Xabi Alonso's ideas in the EL are the biggest risk for them, like in the two Qarabag legs. Fielding Kossounou was a big mistake, he had to correct it after 25 minutes. He also rests top players like Frimpong, Boniface, Hofmann, Andrich and Adli. Now he has to correct a lot of other mistakes too in the halftime. I wonder if he learns his lesson and fields his best team if they advance here? No experienced coach would do this shit, he is annoying in the EL.
Rest for what? They only have EL and cup final in may!
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

rpo.castro wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 22:14

That's why it's completely idiotic. I guess he says they have so much good players and everyone deserves game time. But he can give it to them also in the Bundesliga now. Absolute nonsense.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

BurningStorm wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 22:15
rpo.castro wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 22:14

That's why it's completely idiotic. I guess he says they have so much good players and everyone deserves game time. But he can give it to them also in the Bundesliga now. Absolute nonsense.
Maybe they're going for the invincible season.
fabiomh

Post by fabiomh »

Roma in 10 men very close to 3-0 in counterattack.
Roma is much better than Milan in this period
Hope for more partecipants in the next Prediction Game
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

First West Ham players look tired, which is not a surprise after this heavy metal pressing as Klopp would call it. Also the substitutions gave Leverkusen more quality (as expected). But I think they need a goal to clinch the next round.

@Lorric Yes I thought about this too. But still, a possible EL win is much more important.
Lorric

Post by Lorric »

BurningStorm wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 22:27 First West Ham players look tired, which is not a surprise after this heavy metal pressing as Klopp would call it. Also the substitutions gave Leverkusen more quality (as expected). But I think they need a goal to clinch the next round.

@Lorric Yes I thought about this too. But still, a possible EL win is much more important.
West Ham are still the better team but the game is much closer now imo.

Indeed. It's just stupid ego if that's what they're trying to do.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

No goals for quite a long time in both competitions
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Lorric wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 22:28
BurningStorm wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 22:27 First West Ham players look tired, which is not a surprise after this heavy metal pressing as Klopp would call it. Also the substitutions gave Leverkusen more quality (as expected). But I think they need a goal to clinch the next round.

West Ham are still the better team but the game is much closer now imo.

Indeed. It's just stupid ego if that's what they're trying to do.
Leverkusen clearly better since the ~55th minute, but no doubt that West Ham was the better team before all the time. Now they clearly look tired, but its always possible to get some power back at the end when they need this one goal. So better score now, Bayer.