new coefficient calculation from 2024/25

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
rakke

new coefficient calculation from 2024/25

Post by rakke »

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't seem to find it.. Or is it not clear yet??
Forza AZ

Post by Forza AZ »

rakke wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:12 I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't seem to find it.. Or is it not clear yet??
As far as I know, it has not been anounced yet.
elkjiaer is back

Post by elkjiaer is back »

Very curious to see how they will manage with bonus points considering that with the new format teams are not transferred anymore from one competition to another
eye

Post by eye »

elkjiaer is back wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 13:20 Very curious to see how they will manage with bonus points considering that with the new format teams are not transferred anymore from one competition to another
I am not expecting big changes. At EL and ECL if we consider top8 of league at new system as group winners of old system and clubs ranked 9-24 in new system as group runner ups of previous system then we don't need to change anything at all. Only at CL they would need to do some changes cause at old system both top2 of groups were getting same bonus because they were both qualified directly to R16 which doesn't happen at new system. Maybe adding few more bonus points to top 8 of CL will be the only change
elkjiaer is back

Post by elkjiaer is back »

eye wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 14:09
elkjiaer is back wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 13:20 Very curious to see how they will manage with bonus points considering that with the new format teams are not transferred anymore from one competition to another
I am not expecting big changes. At EL and ECL if we consider top8 of league at new system as group winners of old system and clubs ranked 9-24 in new system as group runner ups of previous system then we don't need to change anything at all. Only at CL they would need to do some changes cause at old system both top2 of groups were getting same bonus because they were both qualified directly to R16 which doesn't happen at new system. Maybe adding few more bonus points to top 8 of CL will be the only change
Since the UEL was reformed 3 seasons ago, teams finishing 3rd in the UCL GS have collected, on average, 6 Association Coeff. Points (not Team Points, since for example play-off round only counts for the Association) by playing in the UEL afterwards. This means that, from next season on, teams losing the play-off 9-24 should still get some bonus to compensate for this, at least for their association.
eye

Post by eye »

elkjiaer is back wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 14:44
eye wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 14:09
Since the UEL was reformed 3 seasons ago, teams finishing 3rd in the UCL GS have collected, on average, 6 Association Coeff. Points (not Team Points, since for example play-off round only counts for the Association) by playing in the UEL afterwards. This means that, from next season on, teams losing the play-off 9-24 should still get some bonus to compensate for this, at least for their association.
If they follow the pattern of current system clubs 9-24 will get 4 bonus points and can get the other 2 extra points at CL play offs if they are eliminated by winning a match or getting 2 draws.
perica

Post by perica »

They published new regulations for all three competitions where you can find calculation method. As far as I can see, every position in the league phase (1-36) will be valuable by certain coefficient value.
Phocea

Post by Phocea »

New coefficient calculation from 2024 onwards (New system for bonus points really)
https://documents.uefa.com/r/Regulation ... tem-Online
Putje

Post by Putje »

Looks to me that these new bonus points are bringing more points on the table.
24-25 would be more important than last seasons in the calcullation for the next years.

Don't think that it would be so important for the teams, but it adds to everey game.
fabiomh

Post by fabiomh »

Putje wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 15:50 Looks to me that these new bonus points are bringing more points on the table.
24-25 would be more important than last seasons in the calcullation for the next years.

Don't think that it would be so important for the teams, but it adds to everey game.
Yes, it already happened in the past.

Average number of matches per team increased more and more in the last 30-35 years.
Every format change caused an increase of number of matches.

In this case CL and EL the teams play two more matches (from 6 to 8 ), so 2 more points are expected (average).
The average CL GS/LS bonus rises from 6.5 to 8, so there is an additional average increase of 1.5 bonus pts.
The average EL GS/LS bonus rises from 1.5 to 2 (+0.5)
The average ECL GS/LS bonus rises from 0.75 to 1.1 (+0.35)
Last edited by fabiomh on Tue Apr 16, 2024 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
Hope for more partecipants in the next Prediction Game
eye

Post by eye »

Here are the differences. Points might be slightly different on qualification points depending on how many TH will qualify domestically.

fabiomh

Post by fabiomh »

Interesting.
The most increase is in CL/EL LS.
Leage Stage teams will rise from 32 to 36 for each competition.
So the most country coefficient increase will be for those countries with the best increase of CL/EL teams in LS.
Hope for more partecipants in the next Prediction Game
Lilywhite

Post by Lilywhite »

Think this makes sense to de-emphasise the Conference League a bit. It was awarding too many points given the lower difficulty involved. And probably has too much effect on who gets the two bonus places, especially with nobody entering Europe at its Group Stage meaning even the big nations can lose a team in a knockout very early.
Stadion

Post by Stadion »

CoL will still be more rewarding for clubs from lower ranked leagues who are unlikely to progress from the EL LP anyway.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

so next year will be more important for the 26/27 qualification. No equal ranking over 5 year where each year conts equal. It could be a big opportunity or problem....