Battle for important ranking positions 2023-24

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
joaol

Post by joaol »

It is completly ridiculous watching Portugal with an anual coeficcient of 9.833, with still 1 team in UCL and 2 teams in EL, and then seeing Belgium with 2 teams in ECL with 12.400.
Almost all years it has been like this. Portugal only played 2 games in ECL in 3 years, all their points were in UCL and EL, and they are beeing surpassed by countries that gain big parte of their points in the lower competitions. Completely unfair.
I would love to analise a table with all these points, from some countries (France, Portugal,Netherlands, Belgium and turkey) discriminated by year and European competition, just from the last 3 years (ECL era).
Anyone out there with these stats?
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

joaol wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:56 It is completly ridiculous watching Portugal with an anual coeficcient of 9.833, with still 1 team in UCL and 2 teams in EL, and then seeing Belgium with 2 teams in ECL with 12.400.
Almost all years it has been like this. Portugal only played 2 games in ECL in 3 years, all their points were in UCL and EL, and they are beeing surpassed by countries that gain big parte of their points in the lower competitions. Completely unfair.
I would love to analise a table with all these points, from some countries (France, Portugal,Netherlands, Belgium and turkey) discriminated by year and European competition, just from the last 3 years (ECL era).
Braga will be in the ECL next year, so you will have your shot.
nogomet

Post by nogomet »

mitsaras

Post by mitsaras »

babaluj1 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 02:21 9.TUR 37.600 1/ 4
10.SCO 35.850 1/ 5
----------------------------
11.CZE 35.300 3/ 4
Not even Turkey is safe in the Top 10 anymore, a long run by Rangers and 4 wins by Czechs would threaten Turkey. :D

14.DEN 31.450 1/ 4
15.NOR 31.125 1/ 4
--------------------------
16.ISR 30.375 2/ 4
Israel was written off by many a long time ago, but they are still there with two clubs, very close to the Top 15. After the Round 16 draw, we will see better who will be happier. :dontknow:
What about Greece?
We have two good teams at ECL
The expectation place us a win away from 14.
The draws will be important...
seso

Post by seso »

Let's wait for nogomet's posts!
joaol

Post by joaol »

What I am saying is not about wanting to playing in the "3rd division" of European competitions, but it is having teams playing in harder competitions, getting much better results in terms of Champions League and Europa League, and watching countruies surpassing or getting near playing in much weaker competitions. The diferrential in bonus points doesn´t pay off for the diference of difficulty. I can´t see Netherlands beeing better than Portugal in Europe... I Think there shouldn´t be such a difference between 6th and 7th place, and much of those new vacancies in top 5 countries should be distributed to 6th and 7th.

6th place shuould be like it is and 7 th place should have also 6 teams in europe and be something like this:

1st - Direct CL
2nd- Direct CL
3rd - Qualifying rounds
Cup Winner - EL
4th- ECL qualifiers
5th - ECL qualifiers

This should be enough for a more just ranking and point distribution.
Dragonite

Post by Dragonite »

joaol wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 13:00 What I am saying is not about wanting to playing in the "3rd division" of European competitions, but it is having teams playing in harder competitions, getting much better results in terms of Champions League and Europa League, and watching countruies surpassing or getting near playing in much weaker competitions. The diferrential in bonus points doesn´t pay off for the diference of difficulty. I can´t see Netherlands beeing better than Portugal in Europe... I Think there shouldn´t be such a difference between 6th and 7th place, and much of those new vacancies in top 5 countries should be distributed to 6th and 7th.

6th place shuould be like it is and 7 th place should have also 6 teams in europe and be something like this:

1st - Direct CL
2nd- Direct CL
3rd - Qualifying rounds
Cup Winner - EL
4th- ECL qualifiers
5th - ECL qualifiers

You joined this forum in 2005, so I suppose you've been following football for at least two decades. During all this time, you didn't understand yet that UEFA persecutes Portugal, and the changes they keep inventing are often with the goal of harming Portugal? :confused:
Records and Statistics:
:arrow: Champions League (all 141 participants - 1992/1993 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: Europa League (all 215 participants - 2009/2010 to 2019/2020)
:arrow: UEFA Youth League (all 162 participants - 2013/2014 to 2019/2020)
Club-Mate

Post by Club-Mate »

joaol wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:56 It is completly ridiculous watching Portugal with an anual coeficcient of 9.833, with still 1 team in UCL and 2 teams in EL, and then seeing Belgium with 2 teams in ECL with 12.400.
:up: :up: :up: nice to mention it! but you won't make friends in Belgium, Netherlands, Turkey and so on with it some of them think it's fine so. To let participate 2 or even more clubs in ECL from one nation is a previously unnoticed system error from Uefa and will affect country ranking for years. Furthermore these clubs collected easy points in ECL and then even might use these points in CL GS draws and find themselves in higher pots (not more so important from 2024/25 onwards) instead pot 4 where they realistically belong to. GS points achieved in ECL should be halved (like in Bitcoin minings every 4 years and the best in April 2024 already :wink_anim: ) and even backwards to make up for this mistake.
A fair ranking for UCL would be a ranking with points only achieved within this league:
https://kassiesa.net/uefa/fifa-club-world-cup-2025.html
ultra2013

Post by ultra2013 »

Serie A has one hand holding the Top 2 tickets. If Atalanta is 6th in Serie A and also win UEL. Will Serie A has 6 teams in UCL?
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Greece is alive in the top 15 battle after this draw. It's still difficult, but there's a chance now if both Greek clubs advance.
joaol

Post by joaol »

Dragonite wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 13:19
joaol wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 13:00 What I am saying is not about wanting to playing in the "3rd division" of European competitions, but it is having teams playing in harder competitions, getting much better results in terms of Champions League and Europa League, and watching countruies surpassing or getting near playing in much weaker competitions. The diferrential in bonus points doesn´t pay off for the diference of difficulty. I can´t see Netherlands beeing better than Portugal in Europe... I Think there shouldn´t be such a difference between 6th and 7th place, and much of those new vacancies in top 5 countries should be distributed to 6th and 7th.

1st - Direct CL
2nd- Direct CL
3rd - Qualifying rounds
Cup Winner - EL
4th- ECL qualifiers
5th - ECL qualifiers

You joined this forum in 2005, so I suppose you've been following football for at least two decades. During all this time, you didn't understand yet that UEFA persecutes Portugal, and the changes they keep inventing are often with the goal of harming Portugal? :confused:
I joined even before this forum... there was a previous forum ... I think I am here since 2001... I remember posting here after Porto Won Uefa CUp with Mourinho in 2003,that for Europe to be carefull that Porto Would Win Champions league in 2004... and they did... the last Out of the big 4 to win a CL.
joaol

Post by joaol »

Club-Mate wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 13:42
:up: :up: :up: nice to mention it! but you won't make friends in Belgium, Netherlands, Turkey and so on with it some of them think it's fine so. To let participate 2 or even more clubs in ECL from one nation is a previously unnoticed system error from Uefa and will affect country ranking for years. Furthermore these clubs collected easy points in ECL and then even might use these points in CL GS draws and find themselves in higher pots (not more so important from 2024/25 onwards) instead pot 4 where they realistically belong to. GS points achieved in ECL should be halved (like in Bitcoin minings every 4 years and the best in April 2024 already :wink_anim: ) and even backwards to make up for this mistake.
A fair ranking for UCL would be a ranking with points only achieved within this league:
https://kassiesa.net/uefa/fifa-club-world-cup-2025.html
Yeah... But put 6th and 7th with at least the same numebr of teams ...it makes sense...
I Still believe that there are 3 big groups of countries in UEFA:

1st England, Spain, Italy, Germany
2nd Portugal, Netherlands and France (yes, sorry France, you only have one CL and one CWC, and usually your best team always underachieves Netherlands and Portugal teams, of course until OIl Sponsored PSG...However you are a big market, a High GDP country and your 10th(e.g) placed team is better than Portuguese and Netherlands one..so you belong to this second group)
3rd group
Belgium, Turkey, Russia and Ukraine (Unfortunately these 2 before the war)
Just behind or fighting for this Group... Czech Republic, Greece, Switzerland and Austria...

Anyway, i think:

1st group should have the same spots beetween themselves
2nd group should have the same spots
seso

Post by seso »

joaol wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 13:54 I joined even before this forum... there was a previous forum ... I think I am here since 2001... I remember posting here after Porto Won Uefa CUp with Mourinho in 2003,that for Europe to be carefull that Porto Would Win Champions league in 2004... and they did... the last Out of the big 4 to win a CL.
https://kassiesa.net/uefa/forum/ :smile1:
Deneverember

Post by Deneverember »

eye wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 01:15 The max point each country can still get for the season

Hi,
I found a few mistakes. According to my own calculations, these are the correct data.

England 111,053
Spain 93,864
Italy 97,569
Germany 91,053
Portugal 62,816
Belgium 52,600
Czechia 47,050
Israel 37,625
Greece 34,525

The rest of your data is fine.
amirbachar

Post by amirbachar »

Dragonite wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 13:19

1st - Direct CL
2nd- Direct CL
3rd - Qualifying rounds
Cup Winner - EL
4th- ECL qualifiers
5th - ECL qualifiers

Top Portuguese teams should have thought about it, and have central TV contracts... A bit more money for the 5th-7th teams, and they could be successful in Europe too. They have only themselves to blame.