Seeding for UEFA Club Competitions 2023/24

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
OlliWender

Post by OlliWender »

wannabeontop wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 08:33 So happy this new season will kick off next week with the draws!! :)

Any ideas how the ECL-QR2 draw groups might look like now that we know all the teams?
I think there are too many permutations to consider when it comes to Q2, especially when we don't even know the Q1 draw.

I did do a bit of an analysis for ECLQ1 (last 2 years since introduction) and CLQ1 (last 5 years since introduction of the Prelim) on how countries are paired against each other and who they could've faced the most. I'll post it in the respective threads when they're created.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

Lubomir25 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 00:35
Lorric wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 23:27 Well as it stands, they're going to have to beat someone who's seeded all the way in Q3 to be seeded in Q4 to draw Villa. Still think there's good odds Villa will get into the seeds though. I presume you'd still prefer them to draw the easiest team possible. They could end up drawing some random team from Norway or something that KO'd a seed in Q3 and got seeded in Q4.
I can't see any team in Q3 or 4 that they can realistically assume to beat
I will confidently say that Rosenborg is the weakest seeded team in Q3. Their domestic form is horrible and has been weak the past years. They are only seeded because of them winning Eliteserien in 2017 and 2018. In the european 20/21 and 21/22 season they gained a small amount of coefficient points because of their high ranking at the time. They haven't done anything in particular to gain the 11.000 coefficient points.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

The 22/23 UECL Q2 draw groups. The colors indicate region according to: https://kassiesa.net/uefa/uefa-cup-regions.html

How regionalized will the 23/24 groups be?
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

UECL Q3 seeding:
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

It is confirmed that the clubs still recieve the draw groups before the public: https://twitter.com/RBKfotball/status/1 ... 91650?s=20. The tweet was posted 08:27 CET.
eye

Post by eye »

@bert.kassies at club points Lincoln Red Imps, Qarabag FK, Raków Czestochowa and Flora Tallinn should have 2.000 points since they will take part at ECL-Q3 minimum.
seso

Post by seso »

I hadn't noticed that the Faroe Islands have been, since 2021, above Iceland in UEFA Country Ranking!
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

Complete UECL Q3 Main Path seeding overview. Now with UECL Q1 results.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

Hello. Are someone able to send the Norwegian clubs' draw groups to https://twitter.com/GiskeMorten as soon as they release tomorrow?

He will be in an area of ​​low satellite speeds. A private message on Twitter will still do the trick since he also gets them on email. Email does not need a lot of data. Unfortunately, I cannot help him myself :upset:.
dnina10

Post by dnina10 »

Fotcalc wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 21:57 Hello. Are someone able to send the Norwegian clubs' draw groups to https://twitter.com/GiskeMorten as soon as they release tomorrow?

He will be in an area of ​​low satellite speeds. A private message on Twitter will still do the trick since he also gets them on email. Email does not need a lot of data. Unfortunately, I cannot help him myself :upset:.
Will try to remember. Will be doing my normal tweets immediately following the draw
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

No @dnina10, this is about the draw groups. You are asleep then. Don't worry about them.

This is for the people that are planning on checking the draw groups when they release, not for those that doesn't plan on it. Thanks for the kind answer, David.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Fotcalc wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 21:57 Hello. Are someone able to send the Norwegian clubs' draw groups to https://twitter.com/GiskeMorten as soon as they release tomorrow?

I'm afraid he has blocked receiving Twitter DMs from accounts he doesn't follow. I would like to help but I don't know if it is possible that way.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

Juliusz wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 02:01 I'm afraid he has blocked receiving Twitter DMs from accounts he doesn't follow. I would like to help but I don't know if it is possible that way.
I have told him about it. Can you try again when the draw groups are released?

Thank you very much @Juliusz! Only if you are planning on checking the groups regardless.
Juliusz

Post by Juliusz »

Fotcalc wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 07:49
Juliusz wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 02:01 I'm afraid he has blocked receiving Twitter DMs from accounts he doesn't follow. I would like to help but I don't know if it is possible that way.

Thank you very much @Juliusz! Only if you are planning on checking the groups regardless.
I tried to send one, but Twitter... blocked my account for that. Fortunately it's back. No idea what Musk is doing this time. I will try it later.
Jackson Harrison

Post by Jackson Harrison »

Juliusz wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 08:46
Fotcalc wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 07:49

I tried to send one, but Twitter... blocked my account for that. Fortunately it's back. No idea what Musk is doing this time. I will try it later.
I've done it!