FIFA Club World Cup

including formats, draws, seedings, etc.
max tre

Post by max tre »

Fotcalc wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 23:48 Thanks, I found it: https://sport.sky.it/calcio/mondiale-pe ... squadre#09

Best result and last result can also be coefficient based, right? Doesn't need to be round reached?
Oh well, that's right. It might be both :dontknow:
Park

Post by Park »

max tre wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 17:59
max tre wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 23:53Last spot: Ajax if FIFA points count, Salzburg if EUFA ranking does. (if Arsenal / Copenhagen don't win the CL)
Just realized I forgot PSV as potential CL winner here, sorry PSV fans :wink:
Thanks. We're happy. We can still make it. Other Dutch teams can't :wink1:
barracuda

Post by barracuda »

For other Associations, FIFA says:

-) 3 points for a win
-) 1 point for a draw
-) 3 points for progress to each stage of the competition

So there are no points for group stage, or do I not understand it correctly?
barracuda

Post by barracuda »

-
max tre

Post by max tre »

barracuda wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 07:52 For other Associations, FIFA says:

-) 3 points for a win
-) 1 point for a draw
-) 3 points for progress to each stage of the competition

So there are no points for group stage, or do I not understand it correctly?
I read it the same way as you, but FIFA Twitter provided (here) a preview of the CONMEBOL ranking which only makes sense if you count 3 points also for qualifying to Liberatadores GS. And I'm still not sure if they count extratime W/L as draws or as W/L, I should double-check other confedarations results - Boca can have 71 pts if you count their 1-2 a.e.t. loss in this year final as a draw, otherwise they should have 70.
Fotcalc

Post by Fotcalc »

If the results before extra time is what give the CWC match points, then it will make a lot of people following UEFA club competitions confused. This means that a 2nd leg UCL KO round can be any two different results at the same time. E.g. a win in UEFA coefficient points and a loss in FIFA CWC points. Do we really want this?
amenina

Post by amenina »

@bert.kassies In your table (https://kassiesa.net/uefa/fifa-club-world-cup-2025.html), there is a slight mistake for the qualifying conditions for Atletico Madrid and Barcelona. If either of them do not win the CL but are the best ranked Spanish team, they still need the CL to be not won by a non-Real Madrid Spanish team. So for example:

If Atletico Madrid are the best ranked Spanish team, they also require the CL to be not won by Barcelona or Real Sociedad.

If Barcelona are the best ranked Spanish team, they also require the CL to be not won by Atletico Madrid or Real Sociedad.

Also a similar case for Dortmund and Leipzig:

If Dortmund are the second best ranked German team, they also requite the CL to be not won by Leipzig.

If Leipzig are the second best ranked German team, they also requite the CL to be not won by Dortmund.

Also a similar case for Juventus, Napoli and Lazio:

If Juventus are the second best ranked Italian team, they also requite the CL to be not won by Lazio (if Napoli win CL they will definitely overtake Juventus in the ranking, but if Lazio win CL they may not overtake Juventus in ranking).

If Napoli are the second best ranked Italian team, they also requite the CL to be not won by Lazio.

If Lazio are the second best ranked Italian team, they also requite the CL to be not won by Napoli.
max tre

Post by max tre »

I think that's what he meant with ">club = higher rank and club not ch24" at the end of the page. He only missed a couple of "(... AND Real Sociedad not ch24)" for the two Spaniards.
bert.kassies

Post by bert.kassies »

max tre wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 13:57 I think that's what he meant with ">club = higher rank and club not ch24" at the end of the page. He only missed a couple of "(... AND Real Sociedad not ch24)" for the two Spaniards.
Correct. Fixed now.
UEFA European Cup Football for all UEFA coefficients and rankings
max tre

Post by max tre »

max tre wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 13:57 I think that's what he meant with ">club = higher rank and club not ch24" at the end of the page. He only missed a couple of "(... AND Real Sociedad not ch24)" for the two Spaniards.
Atletico can't win CL (at least 72 pts) without being ahead of Barcelona (max 71 pts, since in this case they can't win the final). So, if that's the meaning, one might get rid of "ch24" - but I think it's still clearer if you just leave it (and it's still true anyways).
amenina

Post by amenina »

bert.kassies wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 14:03
Correct. Fixed now.
At first, I did not notice the ">club = higher rank and club not ch24" at the end of page. So now I notice it, and with your fixes, the conditions are correct. Thanks!
Eurocity

Post by Eurocity »

angel_87 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 17:38 in summary, will we have breaks during the calendar year or will we always play?
To me, the timing seems very strange, it effectively deprives (at least European) participants of any vacation during the year (unless they lose in the group stage already) and spoils their pre-season work. I can see some European clubs sending mixed squads to this competition. I also see difficulties with outgoing and incoming players in each club and probably the need to adjust transfer windows.
It would have been much more logical (at least for Europeans) to play it a month later, during their normal pre-season.
Nafi

Post by Nafi »

I should have missed something but according to this page https://kassiesa.net/uefa/fifa-club-world-cup-2025.html which redirect to this ranking https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/trank2025.html, points collected in EL and ECL are taken into account while it's not the case following FIFA regulation.

Could someone confirm?
amenina

Post by amenina »

Nafi wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 16:58 I should have missed something but according to this page https://kassiesa.net/uefa/fifa-club-world-cup-2025.html which redirect to this ranking https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/trank2025.html, points collected in EL and ECL are taken into account while it's not the case following FIFA regulation.

Could someone confirm?
Only coefficient points earned playing in CL are counted for the ranking for FIFA Club World Cup.