2023/24 Champions League quarter-finals, semi-finals and final

Champions League, Europa League, Conference League
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

According to beIN sports it was not offside:

rpo.castro wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 23:48 And Bayern don't cry? Don't waste time? Players don't keep falling like leaves in autumn? Wasn't Tuchel and his bench crying for every single thing? Its football?
Yes, you said this already and I responded that Real would be even worse in such a situation at the end.
ralfinho

Post by ralfinho »

It's always lovely when people judge coaches not knowing the facts. Kane as well as Musiala asked for be being subbed tonight because they were out of power. Musiala didn't play last weekend in Stuttgart due to exhaustion. Maybe it would have been better if Kane hadn't played there neither.
The Bayern squad was too small this season, what is the main reason for the injury crisis (Gnabry today again). Tuchel mentioned it 1000 times, not to the amusement of the bosses.
German TV stayed a while in Bernabeu today. Thomas Tuchel got huge cheers from the Bayern fans. He will get it again next Sunday (last home match this season). Rightly so. The disappointing season is mainly not his fault.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

berntie wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 01:08
Bulgarian wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 00:38 I dont think the linesman should carry much fault. To my knowledge they are instructed to mark offside if they are absolutely sure
If the linesman is absolutely sure a player is offside when in fact, the player is onside, then there's something wrong with the linesman's eyes. We constantly see situations where the attacker is meters offside and the refs let them continue for the play to be cancelled later. And here, at this crucial point, the refs stop the play.

Maybe it wouldn't have produced a goal anyway, maybe it would, we'll never know, and that's bad for everybody involved. Not least for the ref himself, who apologized to Bayern.
I am yet to see that he is off/onside. There are pictures of the situation online but its not from a straight angle just like before the pass to Rudiger and of his assist. To be honest i thought the 2-1 goal was off even after the first replay.
Other than that i agree.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

ralfinho wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 01:35 It's always lovely when people judge coaches not knowing the facts. Kane as well as Musiala asked for be being subbed tonight because they were out of power. Musiala didn't play last weekend in Stuttgart due to exhaustion. Maybe it would have been better if Kane hadn't played there neither.
The Bayern squad was too small this season, what is the main reason for the injury crisis (Gnabry today again). Tuchel mentioned it 1000 times, not to the amusement of the bosses.
German TV stayed a while in Bernabeu today. Thomas Tuchel got huge cheers from the Bayern fans. He will get it again next Sunday (last home match this season). Rightly so. The disappointing season is mainly not his fault.
The squad is too small without any doubt and that is a problem for Bayern for a long time, they always want to save money with this strategy. My problem with the subs was that for example the CB Kim was subbed in, Goretzka would have been the better choice, also Tel would have been a better idea than some of the more defensive guy he brought in (while subbing off an offensive player).
berntie

Post by berntie »

Bulgarian wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 01:40 I am yet to see that he is off/onside.
Then why do you assume that the attacker is offside? You know, with this VAR thing you can let them play and possibly even score. If it's offside, then the goal won't stand anyway. As it was the case with the disallowed Nacho goal.
ralfinho

Post by ralfinho »

BurningStorm wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 01:46 The squad is too small without any doubt and that is a problem for Bayern for a long time, they always want to save money with this strategy. My problem with the subs was that for example the CB Kim was subbed in, Goretzka would have been the better choice, also Tel would have been a better idea than some of the more defensive guy he brought in (while subbing off an offensive player).
I don't think that it's a long time problem. Bayern lost Hernandez and Pavard short before the transfer deadline and did not replace them. Furthermore they let Gravenberch go because they thought that Palinha will come in what didn't happen. The summer 2023 transfer period was definitely the worst since the promotion to the Bundesliga in 1965.
Coming to the subs, I was also surprised with Kim. However, the idea was clear. Shift Mazraoui to the right in order to support Kimmich who was struggling against Vinicius. Not that stupid.
Coming to Goretzka and Tel, I also thought about it. But you know Murphys law. As you do it you do it wrong. Subbing defensive and you concede you are the fool. Subbing positionally neutral and you concede, you are the fool, too.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

berntie wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 01:51
Bulgarian wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 01:40 I am yet to see that he is off/onside.
Then why do you assume that the attacker is offside? You know, with this VAR thing you can let them play and possibly even score. If it's offside, then the goal won't stand anyway. As it was the case with the disallowed Nacho goal.
I dont assume it thats exactly why i wrote the sentence that you quote that way. As i said Reals goal looked off to me but it wasnt so i cant be sure about this either.
berntie

Post by berntie »

Bulgarian wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 02:10 I dont assume it thats exactly why i wrote the sentence that you quote that way.
So you don't know and don't care? Not my attitude. We have a VAR to avoid such situations.
Bulgarian

Post by Bulgarian »

berntie wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 02:28
Bulgarian wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 02:10 I dont assume it thats exactly why i wrote the sentence that you quote that way.
So you don't know and don't care? Not my attitude. We have a VAR to avoid such situations.
Well if i didnt care i wouldnt comment :D and could just chill in bed lol but i tend to care about such stuff.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

Real's luck/juju in CL remains unbeatable and unbearable.

They've already won the trophy.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

There's no logic in anything that happens to Real Cheaters when they make a CL final, and even their fans, with their 1/4 of a brain cell combined, sometimes acknowledge this. I know, Barcelona (and a few other supposedly big teams) would do well to have a mere 10% of the guts Evil FC players show when in adversity. But it gets easier when you can be confident that either a key referee decision, or a moronic defensive blunder, or both, will go in your favor.

Poor Dortmund will get beaten one way or another. They spent all their luck against PSG.

I like to joke that only Julen Lopetegui (Losertegui) had the jinxing power to cancel out Real Cheaters' luck back in 2019. He needs to get involved somehow. C'mon Julen, make a public prediction of victory for the Blanquitos, anything please!
Last edited by mspm89 on Thu May 09, 2024 02:56, edited 3 times in total.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Firnen wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 02:45 Real's luck/juju in CL remains unbeatable and unbearable.

Tell me about it. It's like Sevilla in the Europa League, only worse because it's usually sprinkled with cheating here and there, and sometimes everywhere.

But you wanted the evuhl Oil clubs out so The Devil FC itself could "save" football, so have at it.
Firnen

Post by Firnen »

mspm89 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 02:49
Firnen wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 02:45 Real's luck/juju in CL remains unbeatable and unbearable.

Tell me about it. It's like Sevilla in the Europa League, only worse because it's usually sprinkled with cheating here and there, and sometimes everywhere.

But you wanted the evuhl Oil clubs out so The Devil FC itself could "save" football, so have at it.
The Arab state owned clubs are a greater evil than Real Madrid. I prefer Real to win 10 CLs in a row if the alternative is to sell European football to the Gulf monarchies.
mspm89

Post by mspm89 »

Firnen wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 02:52 The Arab state owned clubs are a greater evil than Real Madrid. I prefer Real to win 10 CLs in a row if the alternative is to sell European football to the Gulf monarchies.
As I said, have at it. There's no hope for those playing devil's advocate for The Devil FC.
rrey1

Post by rrey1 »

You write off Dortmund too early.
Dogged defense (like against PSG) + some luck in penalty shootout can do it. They already proved previous predictions wrong. Real will eventually lose a final, why not this year ?