Transfer Topic

Domestic league and cup football
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Mudryk wanted to join Leverkusen six months ago, for about 20m. The president stopped the deal in the last second and I guess his decision was pretty good for him and his club.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

BurningStorm wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:15 Mudryk wanted to join Leverkusen six months ago, for about 20m. The president stopped the deal in the last second and I guess his decision was pretty good for him and his club.
Lewandowski was not good enough for Legia (or to be more precise for club sports director Mirosław Trzeciak). When he was about to leave 3rd tier Znicz Pruszków, Trzeciak said that the club "has better strikers than Lewandowski in the squad and we don't need him".

Łukasz Piszczek played as a striker in the Polish league, for Zagłębie Lubin. When he joined Hertha Berlin, some people somehow discovered that he is a right back, not a striker.

Michael Essien was tested by Zagłębie Lubin when he was a teenager, but he was not talented enough to join the team and was sent back home.

Club management in Poland is at the European bottom. Polish coaches not much better, but I see some improvement here in the last decade. Still, they feel offended and surprised that Polish fans don't want a Polish manager for our NT.
Polak

Post by Polak »

I think Podolski was another one wasn't he? Wanted to play for Poland but they were not interested, so ended up smashing in the goals for Germany, including against Poland.
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

Greyn wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:54
BurningStorm wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:15 Mudryk wanted to join Leverkusen six months ago, for about 20m. The president stopped the deal in the last second and I guess his decision was pretty good for him and his club.
Lewandowski was not good enough for Legia (or to be more precise for club sports director Mirosław Trzeciak). When he was about to leave 3rd tier Znicz Pruszków, Trzeciak said that the club "has better strikers than Lewandowski in the squad and we don't need him".

Łukasz Piszczek played as a striker in the Polish league, for Zagłębie Lubin. When he joined Hertha Berlin, some people somehow discovered that he is a right back, not a striker.

Michael Essien was tested by Zagłębie Lubin when he was a teenager, but he was not talented enough to join the team and was sent back home.

Club management in Poland is at the European bottom. Polish coaches not much better, but I see some improvement here in the last decade. Still, they feel offended and surprised that Polish fans don't want a Polish manager for our NT.
Ronaldinho Gaucho was tested by Estrela da Amadora in Portugal because his older brother was playing there, but the club said that they would never pay to a kid the salary of senior (750€ at that time I think).
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

Polak wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:32 I think Podolski was another one wasn't he? Wanted to play for Poland but they were not interested, so ended up smashing in the goals for Germany, including against Poland.
I don't remember a full story, and from what I remember it was "a bit" complicated, but indeed, Podolski complained years after that he had no signals from PZPN (Polish FA) for long time that they are interested in him. I believe that at the end he had could choose between Germany and Poland, and decided to play for Germany. Thanks to that decision we have a World Champion playing in the Polish league presently. :grin1:
rpo.castro wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:46 Ronaldinho Gaucho was tested by Estrela da Amadora in Portugal because his older brother was playing there, but the club said that they would never pay to a kid the salary of senior (750€ at that time I think).
We all know how Portuguese scouting was good (and probably still is) in Brazil. Scouts did their job, coach did his job by approving the player, people from the club board are to blame.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Greyn wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:54

The Shakhtar president stopped the deal, not the Leverkusen president. :D Think you got me wrong. From Leverkusen everyone wanted the transfer, and Mudryk as well.

But yeah, I also know stories like yours from several German clubs. Leipzig made an agreement with the 16yo Mbappe, but then they sacked the coach and his family wasn't convinced anymore. According to Rangnick, this was the only reason the deal never happened.
Greyn

Post by Greyn »

BurningStorm wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:36
The Shakhtar president stopped the deal, not the Leverkusen president. :D Think you got me wrong.
Yes, I thought it was the Leverkusen president and your words "I guess his decision was pretty good for him and his club" were an irony. :grin1: Everything is clear now.
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Goalkeeper Yann Sommer from Gladbach to Bayern for 8-9m €. So he is Bayern's No. 1 keeper at least for the 2nd half of the season. And lets see what happens with Neuer, who is 37, after his heavy injury.

Gladbach sign Jonas Omlin from Montpellier for basically the same amount of money. He is also a Swiss international.
seso

Post by seso »

Great career by Yann Sommer; he has played for FC Vaduz, FC Basel, Grasshoppers and Borussia Mönchengladbach! Also 80 apps for Switzerland! Somehow he is still 34 years old!
seso

Post by seso »

Swedish FW Alexander Jeremejeff (Александр Еремеев) to Panathinaikos FC until the end of 2025. He will be loaned to Levadiakos FC until the Summer of 2023.
bjkman1903

Post by bjkman1903 »

Never have guessed that Cristiano Ronaldo's transfer would directly affect my club. :grin1:

Cristiano Ronaldo (Man U) -> Al-Nassr
Weghorst (Besiktas) -> Man U
Aboubakar (Al-Nassr) -> Besiktas

Since Weghorst was on loan from Burnley, it looks like a good deal for us.
Black Eagles 1903
BurningStorm

Post by BurningStorm »

Union Berlin lost their right back Ryerson to BVB, for about 5m €. They replaced him now with Josip Juranovic from Celtic, who has played every second for Croatia at the WC in Qatar (except the 3rd place game), for about 8,5m €.
Oldelpaso

Post by Oldelpaso »

Cancelo from City to Bayern on loan with £61m option to buy :shock: Something major must have happened behind the scenes. He's been out of form for a while and has been on the bench for the last 3 games, but this has come from nowhere. It leaves Ake, who is primarily a centre back, as the only option at LB.
No to Superleague
matt

Post by matt »

Latest news of the day: Nottingham Forest signed a left-back alien from planet Neptune for 216 million Euros, while Bournemouth is finalizing the deal for a midfielder from the Sun, hailed for his "bright vision" of the action.
International break hater
rpo.castro

Post by rpo.castro »

PSG-Marseille rivalry at top.
PSG has one Vitinha, well Marseille just bought one Vitinha too, from SC Braga for 32M€ (striker, 23 yo). Southampton and Brighton were also interested in the player.